TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ritzville Supercharger

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by ThortsMD, May 19, 2014.

1. ThortsMD

ThortsMD Member

The Ritzville supercharger is showing up on the map in the car. Does anyone have an update?

2. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Up and running last Saturday Morning.

3. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

Perfect timing, I was just planning a road trip to Gonzanga University in Spokane in July and I was looking for a hotel with charging. And I happen to see this. Now, I have a lot more hotel options.

4. aja2460

aja2460 Old Member

On the Supercharger map this morning.

5. 100thMonkey

100thMonkey Member

It would be really nice to see some progress from the South Dakota end to narrow the gap, I'd like to jump the divide and drive cross country with the kids along the northern route as soon as is reasonable. it's already easier to drive across than down through southern CA. I'm figuring I can already make it to Missoula on SC's, do an overnight L2 charge and jump another 280 miles, but then it would be a long wait, which gets really tricky with a 3 and a 5 year old!

6. emupilot

emupilot Member

A while back there were rumblings that Tesla was doing site selection in Gillette, WY and Sheridan, WY. I haven't heard anything in a while though.

7. Pricee2

Pricee2 Member

Ritzville to Missoula is really stretching it according to EVTripplanner. Lincolns Silver Dollar Bar in Haugan, MT has RV sites with power but I am not sure if they have 50A 14-50.
    I will be going by there Thursday and will try to remember to check out the power.

8. richkae

richkae VIN587

The supercharger is right next to a Best Western.
    pics:
    DSC_1387_resize.JPG DSC_1394_resize.JPG

9. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Great pics! Looks like the new model of the charging stalls with the LED lights.

10. JohnMc

JohnMc Member

Just wondering. I think Pricee2 was the one who discovered the permit for this Ritzville SC then we followed thru the construction on this forum. I don't remember TESLA making any comment until the site was live. Do you think they are just letting us play Sherlock Holmes to find the permitted sites rather than spoon feeding them to us? Maybe some of the sites along I90 in MT & WY just haven't been discovered by owners yet due to the low population density??

11. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

I don't think it's a question of "letting us play Sherlock" but rather an utter lack of communication about supercharger construction status. Not exactly Tesla's strong point.

12. Vger

Vger Active Member

I am sure going to keep my eyes peeled as I pass though all of that region this week, but without any intelligence, it is going to be tough to spot anything on the fly.

I have also tried to search for permits in Coeur D'Alene at both the state and city levels with no success.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and looks like they matched the big equipment enclosure to the hotel architecture. We will probably see more and more of that.

13. JohnMc

JohnMc Member

I took a little run last weekend thru Ellensburg to Ritzville and back. I also was impressed in the Ritzville big charger enclosure which matched the design of the hosting facility. Really heavy duty hardware on the enclosure. There were some signs on the charging spaces that I had never seen before. 4 charging/parking spaces. Two of them had the usual TESLA signs but the other two on the left side had these - TeslaSignRitzville.png signs which said "30 minute general parking". :confused: I hadn't seen that sign in SC locations before. But nice trip and all SC's worked perfectly. No ICED charging spaces. I had been to Ellensburg SC previously but hadn't noticed that the same parking lot also had a single Clipper Creek J1772 (40amp breaker/30 amp output) directly opposite the SC's. Now if they will just fill out the I90 route from Ritzville to Rapid City I'll use it. :biggrin:

14. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

They must have been forced by the site host to open up two spots like that. If someone stays longer than 30 min in their ICE who would you even call?

15. Pricee2

Pricee2 Member

Stopped at the Silver Dollar Bar in Haugan, MT on my way to Lincoln, MT. Could only find one 14-50 outlet (last one at east end of camp area) it looked to be in pretty sad shape, could not test it as I was in my ICE. I would not rely on it for a charge. Maybe someone will have a chance to try it and post the results.

Stopped at the Ritzville SC on my return trip. Also noticed the signage but no slots were ICEd. No Tesla's either. The pedestals did not appear, to me, to be the lighted ones. Ate at the Taco Del Mar, food OK, noise system (muse-ick) sucked, probably won't eat there again.

Now waiting for the Coeur d'Alene SC so I can make a trip to Kalispell, MT this summer.