TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Riverton and Lander Wyoming Breadboards Getting 80amp Chargers

Discussion in 'North America' started by pox, Oct 27, 2016.

1. pox

pox Member

I thought I would let everyone know that I've got a deal worked out to install 80amp J1772 chargers in Lander and Riverton Breadboard Restaurants. Should have everything up and running before the holidays.

• Like x 6
    • Love x 1
  2. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

I hope this goes well so that you can expand to other towns around the state.

• Like x 1
  3. pox

pox Member

I already have the funding to do a few more, just need to find interested host locations. I'm totally open to suggests on locations, really any where in or around Wyoming that is in need of public charging stations.

4. Evbwcaer

Evbwcaer Member

Cooke City, Montana would be nice for those traveling the Yellowstone area. Just my two cents.

5. pox

pox Member

Evbwcaer, The does seem like a good spot. I've never been. Might need to swing thought next time got to Montana.

6. Evbwcaer

Evbwcaer Member

The drive from Yellowstone to Red Lodge, Montana is so so so beautiful.

They have some great charging options in Red Lodge currently, but it is kind of a charging dead end. If you could grab some charge to get to the West Yellowstone SC it would complete the connection from 94.

I can't tell you how great this drive is, can't wait to do it in my S someday.

I would think Cooke City businesses would like the chance to grab people doing a loop within Yellowstone as well.

Thanks for the work on this....much appreciated.

• Like x 1
  7. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

How is the project going ?

8. pox

pox Member

The Lander Breadboard Charger is installed, should have the credit card reader working next week and the Riverton location soon after.

• Like x 1
  9. pox

pox Member

Just an update, the Credit Card reader is now working! We now have 24/7 access to an 80amp charger in Lander at the Breadboard, the Riverton one will be up by the end of next week with Cody and Dubois going online next month. IMG_0840.JPG

10. swaltner

swaltner Member

Looks like one of the WattZilla EVSEs, which has an optional credit card reader. These systems are based on the OpenEVSE design. For my curiosity, if you have access inside those boxes, could you post a picture of the inside of the EVSE and how that credit card reader plugs into the main WattZilla control board.

Once I finish up an unrelated major project, hopefully by this summer, I plan on developing an RFID reader add-on for the OpenEVSE project. Similar to the large EVSE installation at CalTech, I think this will need to have a Raspberry Pi installed to handle the RFID reader functions. Would be nice to have access controls and logging on the opensource EVSE option.

11. pox

pox Member

I couldn't find one company that had a 80amp solution with a simple credit card reader, so Frank at WattZilla helped me out and we had these custom made. I also made my own 40amp one for testing from the OpenEVSE project too. I can take some pictures next time I visit the charger.

12. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Looks like a Sonic without the pizazz(??).
    --

• Funny x 1
  13. pox

pox Member

It used to be and A&W Restaurant a long time ago.

14. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

@pox , could you please send your location addresses to PlugShare as they come online? I'm not seeing the Riverton station on there.
    Thanks for making this investment and opening up more of Wyoming.

15. pox

pox Member

The Lander Location should be on PlugShare, I'm waiting to add Riverton until it live in the next few days.

16. pox

pox Member

The Riverton Breadboard Station went online today and working at a full 80amps 240v! Next Stations are going in Dubois, Cody and Alpine. Also things are looking good at adding some Level 3 stations this summer on i80 too, I'm going to try to fill in what Tesla is missing. IMG_0992.JPG

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  17. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Member

Wow, pox. You are making a huge difference in an EV wasteland. Nice work! 80amp level 2s are actually pretty sweet imo. Gotta be the best bang for your buck and they're compatible with all types of EVs which is nice.

I do think Tesla will fill in I-80 in Rock Springs, Rawlins, and Evanston fairly quickly so if I were you I would focus on the interior areas. I'm guessing they complete I-80 and I-25 through Wyoming before the summer is over. They marched through Iowa and Nebraska fairly methodically over the last few months so I expect them to fill in the gap in Wyoming next.

18. pox

pox Member

19. CraigW

CraigW Member

Worland might be a good intersection to add.

20. rhumbliner

rhumbliner Member

Have you had time to contact the Chamber of Commerce in Cooke City? If not, I don't mind contacting them to gauge their interest.

Thanks again for the great work you're doing.