Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rivets.....really Tesla??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MX has been stuck in the body shop for WEEKS waiting for "rivets" from Tesla.

A quick search of other forums showed me this has been a problem for others, including Model S owners, since at least January! I've been told is Tesla is aware they have a serious issue with these parts, but damn, 11 months later it's still an issue?? They are made in Japan, and for some reason they can't bang out a few extra to make timely body shop repairs.

Yes, I understand early-adoption issues and no one should cry for me, but God help Model 3 owners if this issue persists. This is a bad look for Tesla.

I had a similar issue waiting for parts on the repair of my Model S. This is actually a really serious problem that increases the cost of ownership for all Tesla buyers. While your car sits at the shop, your insurance company is shelling out money for your rental car. In my case, the rental car cost exceeded the cost of repairs. The companies track this carefully when determining premiums for particular models. It is expensive enough to own a Tesla. They shouldn't be making it even more expensive because they can't get their act together by making spare parts available in a timely manner.

IMG_0223.JPG

Can I be your girlfriend?

I had a similar issue waiting for parts on the repair of my Model S. This is actually a really serious problem that increases the cost of ownership for all Tesla buyers. While your car sits at the shop, your insurance company is shelling out money for your rental car. In my case, the rental car cost exceeded the cost of repairs. The companies track this carefully when determining premiums for particular models. It is expensive enough to own a Tesla. They shouldn't be making it even more expensive because they can't get their act together by making spare parts available in a timely manner.

THIS^^^^. My car took like 2 months to get fixed for a fender bender. My insurance only covers a maximum of 30 days. I guess the problem is so bad with Teslas and the time it takes to repair that the body shop here in San Diego (Amato's) has to have a fleet of complimentary loaner cars that they let you use after the maximum insurance ends. They aren't the best cars but at least they are free.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr