TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Rivets.....really Tesla??

Discussion in 'Model X' started by BryanJ, Nov 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BryanJ

BryanJ Member

My MX has been stuck in the body shop for WEEKS waiting for "rivets" from Tesla.

A quick search of other forums showed me this has been a problem for others, including Model S owners, since at least January! I've been told is Tesla is aware they have a serious issue with these parts, but damn, 11 months later it's still an issue?? They are made in Japan, and for some reason they can't bang out a few extra to make timely body shop repairs.

Yes, I understand early-adoption issues and no one should cry for me, but God help Model 3 owners if this issue persists. This is a bad look for Tesla.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. ThomasB

ThomasB Member

I've been waiting two month for new backlights for my model X. Thank god they work they just take on water. But yeah. I don't understand why it's talking so much time.

Tesla is not ready for a model 3.

• Like x 3
  3. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

If it makes you feel any better, it took weeks and weeks and weeks to get parts for the BMW i3 I had.

4. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

Tesla knows that. That's why you can't buy one yet.

• Funny x 12
  5. BryanJ

BryanJ Member

I'd be more understanding if it was a MX-specific part, like the windshield, as they are really trying to deliver Xs. But the rivets have been in the vehicle family since.... forever?

Elon - just buy the company and bring rivet production in-house.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  6. ThomasB

ThomasB Member

True that. Question is will they change in time ?

I hope so I ordered a model 3 for my gf. Wouldn't want her to complain about service to me.

7. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

If you ordered your girlfriend a model 3 and she complains about service then you can always give it to your wife... ;)

• Funny x 14
    • Disagree x 1
  8. bushburner

bushburner Member

Can I be your girlfriend?

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. PeteP

PeteP Member

I had a similar issue waiting for parts on the repair of my Model S. This is actually a really serious problem that increases the cost of ownership for all Tesla buyers. While your car sits at the shop, your insurance company is shelling out money for your rental car. In my case, the rental car cost exceeded the cost of repairs. The companies track this carefully when determining premiums for particular models. It is expensive enough to own a Tesla. They shouldn't be making it even more expensive because they can't get their act together by making spare parts available in a timely manner.

• Informative x 3
  10. ThomasB

ThomasB Member

Hilarious! :)

11. rajkrishnan

rajkrishnan Member

My MS been in north nj workshop since jan no improvements despite tesla's flamboyant email blah blah blah

12. Cowby

Cowby Supporting Member

IMG_0223.JPG

13. earlyretirement

earlyretirement Model X 90D

THIS^^^^. My car took like 2 months to get fixed for a fender bender. My insurance only covers a maximum of 30 days. I guess the problem is so bad with Teslas and the time it takes to repair that the body shop here in San Diego (Amato's) has to have a fleet of complimentary loaner cars that they let you use after the maximum insurance ends. They aren't the best cars but at least they are free.

• Informative x 1