Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rivian Automotive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You said persons before implying not the absolute richest. You are naive if you think the wealthy haven't written our history. Tesla is a great example, Nikola to be precise. The wealthier GE / Edison seems to have invented everything electric and Nikola died a poor and mostly forgotten man.

Your example of Sir Isaac Newton being remembered is at odds with your own theory. Sir Newton came from a wealthy family, ran the Royal Mint, and died with immense wealth.

The Rothschilds left quite a mark and continue to do so in banking, mining, politics, etc.

• Funny
Reactions: vinnie97 and CarlK
Will anyone else here join the SF event once announced?
AB8E4E3E-EEFE-4979-B4A2-D787B29F84DF.jpeg

Ummmm, that's one use case, however, there is a group of us called Overlanders and I don't want to go anywhere near anyone who is pulling an RV into a crowded RV park. I've got over 200 nights in my rooftop tent, and I can afford pretty much anything. I like the solitude of camping wherever I want, on the beach, on a river sandbar, deep in the mountains away from everyone. The Rivian is very appealing, just need to make it capable of carrying 3000 lbs and towing more than 7500 lbs or more and I will get one.

Expedition Portal
Overland Expo
Home - Overland Bound
Overlanding. Get out there.
ExpeditionOverland

Reactions: Porfiry
Ummmm, that's one use case, however, there is a group of us called Overlanders and I don't want to go anywhere near anyone who is pulling an RV into a crowded RV park. I've got over 200 nights in my rooftop tent, and I can afford pretty much anything. I like the solitude of camping wherever I want, on the beach, on a river sandbar, deep in the mountains away from everyone. The Rivian is very appealing, just need to make it capable of carrying 3000 lbs and towing more than 7500 lbs or more and I will get one.

Expedition Portal
Overland Expo
Home - Overland Bound
Overlanding. Get out there.
ExpeditionOverland
What vehicle are you currently using for overlanding?

1. 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  2. Aluminess bull bar in front with WARN 12,000 winch, Rigid DS2 Off road lights X 10, RADFLOW 2.5 inch long travel suspension, TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, dual battery setup with Odyssey 31M-PC2150ST’s Marine Batteries 100AMP, extra fuse box, BAJA Rack with Camping Lab RTT with Tepui Annex, Maxtrax X 4, Batwing 270 degree Awning with Annex, Bud Built 1/4 stainless steel skid plates (front to rear diff), bud built rockers, rear swing away jerry can setup with axe and shovel. Rear Swing away 33" tire carrier, Rear Aluminess bumper, Hi-Lift Jack, Pull Pal Winch Anchor, Rear cargo cage for passenger safety, 33” NITTO’s Trail Grappler M/T’s X 5. Trailer is a Manley ORV offroad with Tepui Explorer Series Kukenam 3 Tent with Annex. Has a dirt bike carrier, carries a Zero FX electric dirt bike. In Dash Apple IPAD controls all the audio and overland navigation, 2000 watt Power inverter, Pelican Cooler (ten day), fire extinguisher, secure Springtail M-PAC MOLLE racks, shotgun scabbard (back tailgate), gun racks in rear cargo area for carbines. fiberglass dual subs (HERTZ) and Audison Prima Amp (AP F8.9 bit) with 600 watts RMS of power. Hot water heater (heat exchanger with iPhone temperature control) - made by Aphcarios Hotbox. Craftsman Tool kit, 300 watt solar, with portable generator.
2007 FJ with Manley Off Road Trailer.jpg
FJ with Duke.jpeg

1. 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  2. Aluminess bull bar in front with WARN 12,000 winch, Rigid DS2 Off road lights X 10, RADFLOW 2.5 inch long travel suspension, TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, dual battery setup with Odyssey 31M-PC2150ST’s Marine Batteries 100AMP, extra fuse box, BAJA Rack with Camping Lab RTT with Tepui Annex, Maxtrax X 4, Batwing 270 degree Awning with Annex, Bud Built 1/4 stainless steel skid plates (front to rear diff), bud built rockers, rear swing away jerry can setup with axe and shovel. Rear Swing away 33" tire carrier, Rear Aluminess bumper, Hi-Lift Jack, Pull Pal Winch Anchor, Rear cargo cage for passenger safety, 33” NITTO’s Trail Grappler M/T’s X 5. Trailer is a Manley ORV offroad with Tepui Explorer Series Kukenam 3 Tent with Annex. Has a dirt bike carrier, carries a Zero FX electric dirt bike. In Dash Apple IPAD controls all the audio and overland navigation, 2000 watt Power inverter, Pelican Cooler (ten day), fire extinguisher, secure Springtail M-PAC MOLLE racks, shotgun scabbard (back tailgate), gun racks in rear cargo area for carbines. fiberglass dual subs (HERTZ) and Audison Prima Amp (AP F8.9 bit) with 600 watts RMS of power. Hot water heater (heat exchanger with iPhone temperature control) - made by Aphcarios Hotbox. Craftsman Tool kit, 300 watt solar, with portable generator.
View attachment 446844 View attachment 446845
Damn, you don’t mess around. I have a 2008 GX 470. Maybe I need to start a new hobby.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe