Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rivian increases prices.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
Looks like Rivian just increased prices for most buyers. New prices are on web site configuration tool. According to TechCrunch,

Rivian has raised the price of its all-electric R1T pickup by 17% and R1S SUV by about 20% as the newly public automaker tries to adjust to inflationary pressure, increases in the cost of raw materials and parts as well as a prolonged chip shortage.

Was considering to order a base model R1T today and to my delight noticed that the starting price was back to $67,500.

And then noticed that the catch: the base configuration delivery times are estimated to start in 2024.

Maybe this is a politically correct way of keeping the pricing when you do not actually sell the cars...

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 9.57.31 PM.png

Was considering to order a base model R1T today and to my delight noticed that the starting price was back to $67,500.

And then noticed that the catch: the base configuration delivery times are estimated to start in 2024.

Maybe this is a politically correct way of keeping the pricing when you do not actually sell the cars...

View attachment 799349
Tesla is no different ... Model Y AWD with the Gemini wheels delivery is ONE YEAR out. Add fancier wheels or order the performance version and you'll get it this summer...

Wound't it be better if a manufacturer would be transparent and just auction the cars based on the delivery dates? No need to add expensive features you would not need, just pay extra directly for the earlier delivery.
100% agree. I have a friend who got the Model Y Performance but much rather prefers the softer ride of the smaller wheels/ thicker sidewall tires of the non-P version... but he didnt want to wait

Auction the car? That's basically saying they're exactly like any dealers with the 'market adjustment' to MSRP, you know extra $10k for a ioniq and then hear the complaints and unfairness of people who've reserved xyz months ago and people ahead of them getting the car first (even if there's a premium). Poor brand perception

That would suck if your vehicle actually needs to be towed to a service center since they are only in 17 states. In some states they only have one service center. I don't see Amazon paying for towing costs if those vans need to be towed to a service center under warranty.

That would suck if your vehicle actually needs to be towed to a service center since they are only in 17 states. In some states they only have one service center. I don't see Amazon paying for towing costs if those vans need to be towed to a service center under warranty.

No different than Tesla after delivering 10K vehicles. But for most people it means not buying a Rivian if the service center is far. However some of the early buyers didn't consider that they live 200 miles from the SC. They are SHOCKED.

Amazon vehicles are fixed by dedicated mechanics.