Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rivian Preparing to IPO Next Week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Electric vehicle manufacturer Rivian is planning its initial public offering for next week, according to a regulatory filing.

The company is seeking a valuation of just over $60 billion. The automaker will trade on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol RIVN. Rivian, which just recently started delivering its first vehicles, filed for the IPO in September.

In all, Rivian has raised about $10.5 billion since 2019 from several notable backers. In particular, Amazon has purchased 100,000 electric delivery vans from the company alongside a 20% stake in the automaker. Ford and Cox Automotive are also strategic investors.

Early reviews of Rivian’s R1T pickup have been very favorable. Once Rivian scales production of its pickup and R1S SUV it has plans to grow its product offering to range from delivery vans to trucks to smaller commuter vehicles.

The company is currently building trucks in a former Mitsubishi plant in Illinois. A second U.S. factory is reportedly planned in Arizona that would produce both cars and batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:
eating-popcorn-watching.gif

• Funny
Reactions: RobDickinson
$60 billion sounds reasonable to me and I wouldn't expect it to settle in on that number after the initial IPO gyrations. That would put it somewhere around 12th place for auto makers in terms of market cap, slightly ahead of Lucid. I'd say both companies will be good buy and hold investments.

$60 billion sounds reasonable to me and I wouldn't expect it to settle in on that number after the initial IPO gyrations. That would put it somewhere around 12th place for auto makers in terms of market cap, slightly ahead of Lucid. I'd say both companies will be good buy and hold investments.

I think I might give Rivian an edge. They got the Amazon business. Of course, their 2 automobiles.

And they could make RVs off their Amazon vans if they want to expand quickly. I think the cry has been there from potential customers.