Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
May 19, 2017
The Rivian R1T made its debut in blue last week at an event in Seattle. The highly-anticipated all-electric pickup was on display for reservation holders, who got a look at a new blue paint. It’s a bolder look for the truck, which has previously been seen in silver and white. The R1T, is expected to...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/09/30/rivian-shows-off-new-blue-to-reservation-holders/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Xenoilphobe

Jan 2, 2014
Fairfax County, Virginia
They gonna paint the roof white and slap a Toyota Logo on it too?
iu

• Funny
Reactions: willow_hiller

rayfound

Aug 10, 2019
Southern California
180kwh... the usual technique of throwing battery capacity at the problem of lack of engineering.
Ummm if you're going to be towing, you're going to need a seriously large pack. I've seen the silver prototype in the flesh and it's a terrific looking truck.

The inclination Tesla fans have to *sugar* on other brands is... Weird. Rivian has an interesting product, appear to be well capitalised, and are first to market for the truck/true SUV markets.

ralph142

Mar 8, 2019
bellingham, wa
Ummm if you're going to be towing, you're going to need a seriously large pack. I've seen the silver prototype in the flesh and it's a terrific looking truck.

The inclination Tesla fans have to *sugar* on other brands is... Weird. Rivian has an interesting product, appear to be well capitalised, and are first to market for the truck/true SUV markets.

not yet, but it is a nice looking package, tho not in that blue imo.

rayfound

Aug 10, 2019
Southern California
not yet, but it is a nice looking package, tho not in that blue imo.
I agree there - I think that truck looks terrific in the Silver, and will probably look great in White/Black/Dark grey also, but the blue is meh... I think even the Subaru-eque World-Rally Blue would look better than the flat muted blue.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Anyone in the Seattle area from TMC attend? I'd love to hear some first impressions (here or over lunch).

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC