Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh. This sucks man. I feel your pain. Your window this quarter is closing rapidly too. Sinking feeling for all of us. Fingers crossed you get a VIN Soon. How long has your EDD been like this?
It kept moving so much I gave up on it late last summer. In August 2021 it was 12/13/21-1/12/22. It then shifted to Feb/March around Christmas. As of April 4 it was June 30-August 25. On April 13 it updated to July 11-August 22. This is my first Tesla and I honestly go back and forth if I even want to deal with it. I am happy with the 20k lower price so I think I can unload it if I don’t like it. Used ones in the tri state area are going for a little over 100.

It kept moving so much I gave up on it late last summer. In August 2021 it was 12/13/21-1/12/22. It then shifted to Feb/March around Christmas. As of April 4 it was June 30-August 25. On April 13 it updated to July 11-August 22. This is my first Tesla and I honestly go back and forth if I even want to deal with it. I am happy with the 20k lower price so I think I can unload it if I don’t like it. Used ones in the tri state area are going for a little over 100.
First one too. I won’t go through this madness again. Tesla will have to improve. Im
Hopeful I won’t need to worry about it for years though and Tesla will catch up and get better.

First one too. I won’t go through this madness again. Tesla will have to improve. Im
Hopeful I won’t need to worry about it for years though and Tesla will catch up and get better.
Ironically, I am waiting on my third Tesla Model S and the prior two experiences were nothing like this. I waited no longer than six weeks for my first one and three weeks for my second. So the latest craziness may not be all Tesla-related.

Ironically, I am waiting on my third Tesla Model S and the prior two experiences were nothing like this. I waited no longer than six weeks for my first one and three weeks for my second. So the latest craziness may not be all Tesla-related.
Tesla is certainly not alone in the "supply chain" madness but IMO they could do a lot better aligning their EDD's and Deliveries to actually follow more closely to the actual order date. I dislike that I have a small window of maybe 30 days to possibly get selected for delivery at the end of each quarter due to geographic and build allocation. If I miss EOQ, I'm screwed until the next EOQ. Just like East coast deliveries are primarily focused at the beginning of each quarter as they work west.

I am totally cool with everyone that ordered before me getting their cars before me but when I see ~75% (probably more) of deliveries being made now, that ordered well after me, that is infuriating as a consumer.

Where are you getting your PPF?
I've actually used Protek in northbrook for my model 3 and model y and he's done good work for the price. I think the frontal area is somewhere around $1600~ (Bumper,Hood,Fenders,Mirrors), I would highly recommend him when it comes to tint work, I don't have time to get the tints done so I will be brining it back to him next week to finish the tint.

I do plan to find something to add some protection to the rear where all the rockchips hit, the default ppf the factory uses isn't large enough.

Sorry, accidentally hit post before I was finished and apparently can't edit?

EDD is currently June 17-July 29.
Interesting--I am in KC, ordered same car as you (+21" wheels) in July '21 (RN1153xxxx) and currently showing June 5 - July 17 as EDD (after multiple changes along the way, as you know....) Biggest issue for me at this point is whether to actually keep/buy it or not--I bought a MYP in March '21 and am really liking it--has been trouble free and while its nice to have an S locked in at $15k below current price, not sure I want to make the change--haven't even been able to drive an S as of yet......keep thinking I will have to make up my mind, but then the EDD keeps getting pushed out.....

Figured I’d join in the misery. RN11441 checking in. Ordered January 2021 and have lost track of all of the EDD shifts at this point.

MSLR | Midnight Silver Metallic | 19” | Black Interior | No FSD
RN1151, same configuration as you. EDD May 11th through June 1st at the moment. Just slightly past the original EDD of September.:rolleyes: I've stopped crossing my fingers at this point.

Even more depressing and concerning, delivery dates just updated on the website going into 2023…
As it should. IMO Tesla is misleading people from day 1 of the new refresh. The EDD date from order should show minimum 9-12 months. probably 12-14 months. That is a much more realistic estimated date...I'd venture to say less than 5% maybe less than 1% have taken delivery in the initial estimate tesla gives at order. for example mine was 9/21. still waiting.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap