Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN1143.. here Red/White, Seattle. My EDD has moved about 10 times. No changes in configuration since order.

I’m guessing it’s due to the fact that my trade in is valued more than the price of the S, so essentially they owe me money after the sale.

Also have a Lucid on order, let’s see who wins.

get yourself matched to one of these cars. A couple of reds in the list. (No price change if it's an exact match)

1642911091863.jpeg

I respectfully disagree, but it can sure feel like it!
I agree with your disagreement. I don't think they do it with malicious intent but simply don't go out of their way to prioritize older orders. I'm sure it gets even more difficult for the business to do that around quarter end. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do for customers but then again, it's a business and its goal is to increase shareholder value.

I'm in the same boat, or was, or maybe will still be. I have no idea at this point since I do have a VIN and a delivery date but it's slipped already. Doesn't feel great to order the car in May, witness so many people with later orders getting their cars before me, finally get a VIN and a delivery date, only to have it pushed back due to some transportation issue. It also doesn't feel great that the car was built on 1/13 and for some reason hasn't left CA yet.

There's no sugar coating and I'm not gonna tell you how happy you'll be when you finally get the car and that it'll all be worth it. Nothing is worth this anguish and confusion, and no amount of new software or features will make up for that lost time. I will never get back the 8 months of going back and forth with Tesla, refreshing the order status page, refreshing this site, and reading everyone's struggles. And, I certainly could have used that time for something a bit more productive.

So, in summary,
- Don't trust the EDD and don't worry about it. everyone will get their car at some point but it'll just piss you off by reading the EDD.
- You probably don't want to sell your existing car until the MS is actually delivered.
- The car will meet or exceed most people's expectations
- The car itself will be worth whatever you decided you were willing to pay for it (80K, 90K, 95K, etc)
- The "undetermined" wait is (not the car) not worth it. A more accurate representation and expectation of the wait would have made it acceptable.

Reactions: EightYears
My exact build is showing in inventory right now. Only difference is the inventory car has fsd.

Also seeing another one in inventory - same as mine except 21s instead of 19s.

Sucks to see these in inventory, available to anyone, while my order which was originally estimated to deliver ~5 months ago just keeps getting pushed back and back.

Reactions: howdidIgethere
My exact build is showing in inventory right now. Only difference is the inventory car has fsd.

Also seeing another one in inventory - same as mine except 21s instead of 19s.

Sucks to see these in inventory, available to anyone, while my order which was originally estimated to deliver ~5 months ago just keeps getting pushed back and back.
So this may just be a suicidal attempt but what if you add FSD, get matched to the VIN of that car then remove FSD?

As far as we've known, removing or adding FSD doesn't affect your base order price. But umm i don't want to be blamed. Just an idea to try. Talk it over with you local SC or Tesla Sales (better help than local SC)

So this may just be a suicidal attempt but what if you add FSD, get matched to the VIN of that car then remove FSD?

As far as we've known, removing or adding FSD doesn't affect your base order price. But umm i don't want to be blamed. Just an idea to try. Talk it over with you local SC or Tesla Sales (better help than local SC)
Just added FSD. Hopefully this speeds up the VIN assignment/delivery. The inventory vehicle is no longer available (and was in California, while I'm on the east coast).

Reactions: Cyb_
Just added FSD. Hopefully this speeds up the VIN assignment/delivery. The inventory vehicle is no longer available (and was in California, while I'm on the east coast).
I got myself assigned to an inventory on it's way to a SC in CA. Definitely keep at it. I'm also on the east coast.

Sucks that we have to do the work of our SAs

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon001
I got myself assigned to an inventory on it's way to a SC in CA. Definitely keep at it. I'm also on the east coast.

Sucks that we have to do the work of our SAs
Nice! How'd you do that? Did you find the identical vehicle in inventory and then get your SA to match it before it was snatched up? Or did you click "Buy" on the website and then deal with it?

As far as I know, I don't even have an SA...

Reactions: Cyb_
Nice! How'd you do that? Did you find the identical vehicle in inventory and then get your SA to match it before it was snatched up? Or did you click "Buy" on the website and then deal with it?

As far as I know, I don't even have an SA...
The former. I called when I saw one in inventory (matched my exact config). It was headed to Dublin CA. Had them match me to it. Found out it hadn't even left Fremont yet so I think the 2k extra charge was cancelled out

RN1149
Just saw my identical config available in inventory and “bought” it online.

Will try calling today to see if they will assign this vin to my RN1149 order (which is $15k less and destined for a different state). Hopefully it hasn’t left the factory yet and they can just reroute it to the east coast instead of AZ.

RN1149

Will try calling today to see if they will assign this vin to my RN1149 order (which is $15k less and destined for a different state). Hopefully it hasn’t left the factory yet and they can just reroute it to the east coast instead of AZ.
Is the deposit refundable?

RN1149

Well that didn't work.

Was told that even if I paid the $2k to transport the car (which I offered to pay), they would charge me the current price. And that there's "nothing a human can do about it. It's all controlled by the computer."

I can't wait for the other manufacturers to catch up to Tesla on EVs...

Reactions: Neon001
Well that didn't work.

Was told that even if I paid the $2k to transport the car (which I offered to pay), they would charge me the current price. And that there's "nothing a human can do about it. It's all controlled by the computer."

It is just wrong that this is even happening. Deliver our damn cars. it is so frustrating.

Completely agree on other manufacturer's catching up because what Tesla is doing to it's customer base is just plain wrong. I can tell you if I have a lot of issues with my car if/when I get it, I will sell it and never look back at Tesla again...

Well that didn't work.

I think you got yourself a lazy bum who didn't want to do the work.
You may have also complicated the process by securing it to your account first.

Everyone i've spoken with, even the unhelpful ones have always said, if it's a 1 to 1 match, they can assign it to your order.

I think you got yourself a lazy bum who didn't want to do the work.
You may have also complicated the process by securing it to your account first.

Everyone i've spoken with, even the unhelpful ones have always said, if it's a 1 to 1 match, they can assign it to your order.
Turns out the same person I spoke with called back and said they are able to assign the inventory car to me after all as long as I pay the transport fee, which I agreed to.

They said the car was already physically in Arizona, but I wonder if maybe that was the original destination and it hasn’t even left the factory yet. In which case I just paid an extra $2k for no reason. Either way I’m happy, I just want to stop waiting around with edds that keep getting pushed back. Edd updated to 2/5-2/10 after the vin was assigned to my old order. Vin is NF469.

Reactions: Cyb_ and Neon001