Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1648561449786.jpeg

See you have (or are coming from an MYP)--I'm in the same boat although still waiting for my LR S (RN115xxx), ordered last July. What are your impressions relative to the Y? I have to be honest, I really enjoy my MYP, and am not 100% sure I will actually keep/take delivery of the S once it comes available. I know it will be nicer inside, but just wonder about the overall driving experience--thanks!
I still have my MYP. Model S is a very different car. Model S is faster from a stop or at speed. Significantly more comfortable (especially since I have 19" wheels). Interior is more luxurious (better quality materials). Better looking from the outside. Tons of range. Noticeably more quiet than the Y. Overall a significantly better driving experience than the MYP.

Model Y advantages - Stalks! More interior height. I can't think of much else.

I only have a few hundred miles on the Model S so this opinion may change.

Reactions: Mwolfe
I still have my MYP. Model S is a very different car. Model S is faster from a stop or at speed. Significantly more comfortable (especially since I have 19" wheels). Interior is more luxurious (better quality materials). Better looking from the outside. Tons of range. Noticeably more quiet than the Y. Overall a significantly better driving experience than the MYP.

Model Y advantages - Stalks! More interior height. I can't think of much else.

I only have a few hundred miles on the Model S so this opinion may change.
Thanks, I appreciate the input. Trying to convince my wife to get rid of her Audi SQ5 and keep the MYP once the S arrives, but she hasn't bought in yet. She loves the Y, but is just concerned about range/long driving trips--for the 1-2 long car trips we take in a given year (sarcasm intended). What you are saying is pretty much I expect/hope for--"Stalks" as an advantage is funny--never thought I'd see that!

Thanks, I appreciate the input. Trying to convince my wife to get rid of her Audi SQ5 and keep the MYP once the S arrives, but she hasn't bought in yet. She loves the Y, but is just concerned about range/long driving trips--for the 1-2 long car trips we take in a given year (sarcasm intended). What you are saying is pretty much I expect/hope for--"Stalks" as an advantage is funny--never thought I'd see that!
Take the S on road trips. It has 400 miles rated range and Supercharges faster than the MYP.

I went to my local Tesla store today to bug them about our car orders. It just so happened that they had a Model S LR available that had just been rejected because the buyer didn't like what they offered for their trade-in. The sales advisor asked me if I wanted it, and I happily agreed. It's red with black interior and has the 21" wheels. And I get it at the original May 2021 order price!
We'll be picking it up tomorrow at 11am. NF475!

I went to my local Tesla store today to bug them about our car orders. It just so happened that they had a Model S LR available that had just been rejected because the buyer didn't like what they offered for their trade-in. The sales advisor asked me if I wanted it, and I happily agreed. It's red with black interior and has the 21" wheels. And I get it at the original May 2021 order price!
We'll be picking it up tomorrow at 11am. NF475!
Congratulations! I wonder if they would of offered you the car had you of not come in?
I'm glad your wait is almost over.
That in a roundabout way brings me to the call I just received. A Tesla dealer in Ohio called to offer me a Plaid the original customer could no longer take. They implicitly stated that I would have to come there and pick it up. I'm in Illinois. No shipping options were offered. She also stated that I wasn't the first call she made. I think since I have the pre-price increase order I go to the back of the line. No EOQ push my eye. There is at the dealer level. That was confirmed to me by a Tesla delivery manager at the end of last year.
Today before the call, on the Tesla site I noticed the option to find out shipping costs from another state was no longer there. I get it, they don't have that many inventory cars to post online and sell. But to do away with it entirely? Where the option used to be now just says available for sale in that city.

Congratulations! I wonder if they would of offered you the car had you of not come in?
I'm glad your wait is almost over.
That in a roundabout way brings me to the call I just received. A Tesla dealer in Ohio called to offer me a Plaid the original customer could no longer take. They implicitly stated that I would have to come there and pick it up. I'm in Illinois. No shipping options were offered. She also stated that I wasn't the first call she made. I think since I have the pre-price increase order I go to the back of the line. No EOQ push my eye. There is at the dealer level. That was confirmed to me by a Tesla delivery manager at the end of last year.
Today before the call, on the Tesla site I noticed the option to find out shipping costs from another state was no longer there. I get it, they don't have that many inventory cars to post online and sell. But to do away with it entirely? Where the option used to be now just says available for sale in that city.
No, they wouldn’t have offered me that car had I not been there. Just dumb luck, and the EoQ rush to clear out the cars in inventory.
We may try the same strategy to fulfill our Model Y order too.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Well, I can report that I received my car Monday, March 28th! I would have posted earlier, but I’ve been too busy gawking at the car in my garage! Fit and finish was near perfect.
There were a couple of tiny issues:
1.) The middle of a cable was sticking out of the passenger side vent strip by 0.5cm. I was about to call service, but then I was curious what would happen if I pushed it down with my fingernail. I did so, and it popped back into the dash and the vent gap closed. Not sure how that was overlooked or if it interferes internally with the vent. However, the vent seems to work fine, so I think we are good.
2.) There was a tiny bit of adhesive on the right side of the center console that was easily wiped away.
Missing items for future service delivery: Key fobs, license plate frames, parcel shelf, cargo floor cover.
Amazingly, fit and finish was otherwise perfect. Trim was perfectly aligned. Door gaps were consistent. Hatch and rear lights were aligned. So, no complaints!

Updated...added d16. I'm sure Kokopuffs took delivery but have not seen confirmation.

Pre-RN1150 DELIVERIES TO CONFIRM:

B-lon 1143 - RED - VIN received 3/9
VikH 1147 - BLUE - VIN received 3/4, Delivered 3/19
BruceR61 1146 - MSM - VIN received 3/21; delivered 3/23
Mairsile 1143 - MSM - VIN received 3/10 ; delivered 3/25
IslandStyle 1149 - MSM - VIN received 3/21 ; delivered 3/28
Ray_R 1149 - WHITE - Reassigned a RED VIN EOQ - Delivered 3/30

Pre-RN1150 WITH VIN (but not delivered):

Kokopuffs45 1149 - WHITE- VIN received 3/21

Pre-RN 1150 (NO VIN AND IN WAITING PURGATORY)

EightYears 1149 - RED
luehrsen 1144 - BLACK (Overseas order)
pkrk 1147 - MSM (Overseas order)
Bipin 1143 - WHITE
Mark II 114? - BLUE
ItsMK - 1149 - WHITE
DToX - 1145 - MSM
d16m - 1147 - BLACK

Reactions: VikH
Updated...added d16. I'm sure Kokopuffs took delivery but have not seen confirmation.

Pre-RN1150 DELIVERIES TO CONFIRM:

Pre-RN1150 WITH VIN (but not delivered):

EightYears 1149 - RED
Bipin 1143 - WHITE
Mark II 114? - BLUE
ItsMK - 1149 - WHITE
DToX - 1145 - MSM
d16m - 1147 - BLACK
Suggested edits:

Pre-RN1150 DELIVERIES CONFIRMED - do we no longer have rights to post in this thread?:

Pre-RN1150 WITH VIN (but no confirmation if delivered):

EightYears 1149 - RED
Bipin 1143 - WHITE
Mark II 114? - BLUE
ItsMK - 1149 - WHITE
DToX - 1145 - MSM
d16m - 1147 - BLACK

Update, RN1145 moved to 4/10 - 5/1, still no VIN. (MSM, white, 21" rims, no FSD)
Hopefully you get a VIN soon! 🙏 I’m still waiting as well. Spoke with a store manager few weeks ago and she said I should except a VIN around 4/8. My EDD is 4/12-5/10. She showed me her computer and it says order almost ready. Estimated arrival to the store 4/22.

Hopefully you get a VIN soon! 🙏 I’m still waiting as well. Spoke with a store manager few weeks ago and she said I should except a VIN around 4/8. My EDD is 4/12-5/10. She showed me her computer and it says order almost ready. Estimated arrival to the store 4/22.
Hope they are correct. My store did the same thing last month. Here I am still waiting.