Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As it should. IMO Tesla is misleading people from day 1 of the new refresh. The EDD date from order should show minimum 9-12 months. probably 12-14 months. That is a much more realistic estimated date...I'd venture to say less than 5% maybe less than 1% have taken delivery in the initial estimate tesla gives at order. for example mine was 9/21. still waiting.
The only upside I see for the delivery wait is that there are consistent upgrades

The only upside I see for the delivery wait is that there are consistent upgrades
I guess...there is also the people that say well you're getting a 20K price discount too at this point. That is all great but the absolute mind**** of a delivery process with EDD is not worth it. I'd much rather just take my car when they said they would deliver it last year in September or every single month since then...I'm just beyond fed up with the process and having no rhyme or reason as to when they will decide I'm worthy of a VIN.

I guess...there is also the people that say well you're getting a 20K price discount too at this point. That is all great but the absolute mind**** of a delivery process with EDD is not worth it. I'd much rather just take my car when they said they would deliver it last year in September or every single month since then...I'm just beyond fed up with the process and having no rhyme or reason as to when they will decide I'm worthy of a VIN.
20k?

My final price is 103000 with the arachnids

Not bragging. Just pointing out why I am putting up with the EDD BS
Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 9.36.03 AM.png

The only update I have isn't a great one. After posting my frustrations here, I emailed the Kansas City folks and got back a very friendly response that truly seems like they're trying to help. He indicated that leaving any steps open can slow down VIN assignment (had never been told this before, but am also considering trading in my Model 3, so didn't want to close that step). He went ahead and completed the remaining steps and said we could reopen them once I had a VIN. He then indicated he had reached out to the "demand planning escalation team" to hopefully secure a more accurate delivery window and would get back to me toward the end of last week.

I haven't yet heard back regarding that, but in the meantime, my EDD in my account did slip again. I'm now showing August 7 - September 18. :(

For those not wanting to find my previous post, RN11441 ordered in January 2021. MSLR, MSM/Black, 19", No FSD.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
The only update I have isn't a great one. After posting my frustrations here, I emailed the Kansas City folks and got back a very friendly response that truly seems like they're trying to help. He indicated that leaving any steps open can slow down VIN assignment (had never been told this before, but am also considering trading in my Model 3, so didn't want to close that step). He went ahead and completed the remaining steps and said we could reopen them once I had a VIN. He then indicated he had reached out to the "demand planning escalation team" to hopefully secure a more accurate delivery window and would get back to me toward the end of last week.

I haven't yet heard back regarding that, but in the meantime, my EDD in my account did slip again. I'm now showing August 7 - September 18. :(

For those not wanting to find my previous post, RN11441 ordered in January 2021. MSLR, MSM/Black, 19", No FSD.
Might have to try the KC folks as well--RN1153 here (ordered July 2021) and I'm showing July 24 - September 4 now (MSLR, MSM/Black, 21", no FSD)