Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model S LR June 30th. Beside the some panel gaps, I did not find anything. On the same day before picking up my car. A rep called me and asked me if I want a Black model S white interior 21in for same price. I thought it's too good to be true so I asked to look at the car before I change my mind. 30 Mins later, same rep called and said that car is sold. When I got there, man I was upset at myself. The car look nice, didn't see anything wrong except for panel gaps. I got the car I ordered but I could've got a better car for same price. I'm sad lol

Reactions: EightYears
My EDD slid again! September 08 - November 03. RN1143.
Sorry to hear that buddy. I spoke to the advisor at my local delivery center. Drop by and be friend with them, from time to time they will have a rejection due to a variety of issues but they have to get the car off the lot by the end of the day, therefore they can give it to you if you're quick. In my case, I was told if I say yes and pay the down payment on that black car, I could've drive it off the lot but because I was hesitant, I snooze I lose. Best of luck my friend

Did you get any contact from Tesla, or this is strictly from the APP?
My RN1151 order was out to Aug/Sept. Now the APP says I'm on hold and asking if I'm ready for delivery.
Not sure what to make of this sequence of events.
I actually got a text from Tesla. I had checked the order status page and it did not have a VIN in the morning and I got the text in the afternoon. When I got the text I checked the order status and it had the VIN.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
I actually got a text from Tesla. I had checked the order status page and it did not have a VIN in the morning and I got the text in the afternoon. When I got the text I checked the order status and it had the VIN.
Yes , the app and the delivery center don't communicate well. I actually experienced similar myself. The app texted me about my EDD is near and I need to complete all delivery requirements and appointment. I called the local delivery center and was told that my car is not even built yet and ignored the app text messages. Then few days later, out of a blue, the delivery center rep called and said your car will be here tomorrow in couple days and asked me to get all papers done. I bought 2 Tesla before, this last experience was not good.

Reactions: Carlos Danger
Does this mean vin is getting close I hope? It’s changed so much I have up hope. RN1149 ordered May 2021. The dates seemed to tighten over last week. I got notification last week I had until 8/1 to confirm I was still keeping order.

Attachments

• EA233666-AA40-498D-9AC2-E9F66BE2C94E.png
    EA233666-AA40-498D-9AC2-E9F66BE2C94E.png
    593.8 KB · Views: 80
Take your time when looking things over. I personally separated the issues that need to be addressed or noted at delivery from stuff that can be repaired when I got a comprehensive list together after driving it a while.
Don't expect perfection and you won't be disappointed.
Thanks. Should be interesting as I am very particular about a car. It’s my first Tesla. I visited this delivery center before and all the cars waiting to be picked up looked good so we’ll see. Things that are missing will drive me nuts honestly. Trunk cover etc.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Thanks. Should be interesting as I am very particular about a car. It’s my first Tesla. I visited this delivery center before and all the cars waiting to be picked up looked good so we’ll see. Things that are missing will drive me nuts honestly. Trunk cover etc.
Car came with everything including mats and privacy cover. A small paint knick where hood rubbed near hinge they used touch up paint but it’s already peeling off. I think because it was applied when hot. Door gasket bulging around rear passenger window and a weird distortion in windshield 6 inches above dash in center.

Car came with everything including mats and privacy cover. A small paint knick where hood rubbed near hinge they used touch up paint but it’s already peeling off. I think because it was applied when hot. Door gasket bulging around rear passenger window and a weird distortion in windshield 6 inches above dash in center.
How did you discover the windshield defect? What did they say about it?