Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road and Track: “Tesla FSD continues to meltdown/GM Supercruise is near lerfrc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"While I was capital-C Cruising in New England, watching the Sierra pull off fully automated passes and lane changes with panache, Tesla was being spanked and sued by a California regulator for years of bad faith and broken promises over its Autopilot. The Cliff Notes version: Teslas still can’t drive themselves without human oversight. And I agree with experts who believe they never will (in current form), and certainly not safely, because of fundamental flaws in Autopilot’s design and philosophy."

The car magazines are all owned by Detroit and big oil. You will be surprised to see an article about EV's in any of those magazines. They are so biased its pathetic.
There are PLENTY of positive reviews of EV’s in those car mags. Including extremely positive reviews of Teslas overall.

About FSD? Not so much..because the truth hurts the f-bois

Last edited:
Ultracruise is essentially FSD, and I expect it to fall right on its face just like FSD.

There is no escaping the limitations that L2 has. With city driving everything happens so quickly where a human can't be expected to brunt all the responsibility with so little take over time.

Enhanced Super Cruise is probably the best we can really hope for out of an L2 system. It works on Lidar Mapped roads, and the driver facing camera means that the system has a much better chance of detecting a distracted driver. We need a lot more miles out of it to really see how it holds up safety wise.

It seems a bit silly to talk about L2 systems when an L3 system is shipping in Germany, and might be available in California next year.

..near perfection"

Now that I think more about it, it’s near perfect for fulfilling what it says. And that it is a consumer-quality product and just works when an owner bought it.

It said hands-free but eyes-on road and it has delivered since day 1 in 2017.

That is not the case with Tesla product since 2014 Ap1 to 2016 Ap2 to today's FSD beta. The nagging gets stricter and still not hands-free.