TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Road and Track 51 coolest cars of the last 50 years

Discussion in 'News' started by richkae, Mar 10, 2014.

1. richkae

richkae VIN587

2. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

There are some really awesome cars in there. And then there's the Pontiac Trans Am, LOL.
    This was an awesome list though, and the Model S definitely deserved to be in there. Kudos to R&T team again.

3. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

The Roadster should have been on that list...

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

+1.

You can argue about the practicality of the Roadster, in that it's a two seater with a small trunk. And Tesla didn't build it from scratch... but their statement is marginally accurate IMHO. Despite being positive.

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

From the article: "Beautiful, fast, and the first practical EV from a company that hadn't built a car, ever. Only amazing when you stop and think about it. Which you should."

If they had just added the words "from the ground up" to that statement.

That said, I think it's great that the Model S made the list and was placed at the end of the article, as it represents the future of the automobile, a future which is here now. I marvel at my S every time I get into it

6. Zextraterrestrial

the 2J is a pretty neat car, never seen that one before. Imagine what and EV supercar w/ electric motor suction could do...

7. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

My split window looks just like that one in the article (except that the picture is not of a 63!:mad:)

8. DingDingDao

DingDingDao Member

God I love the E30 M3.