Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road arrow display/recognition on FSD beta is bad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So been testing since 10.2 here. Was in the first group of 100s to get in. FSD is ok I guess. It can be mind blowing at times and then other times try and kill you. That’s why it’s in beta. One thing though is that the visualization rarely displays lane arrows at all, and never displays merge arrows. When I switch back to the old visualization (ie turn on cruse control) the arrows are visualized perfectly every time. It seems to be a speed thing. When the car goes fast, it doesn’t display arrows. If only it would just see and react to these arrows. On a road near me, a lane that was a straight lane turns into a turning lane. A right turn arrow painted on the ground warns drivers (with plenty of time to merge) that the lane is a right turn only lane. However, FSD does nothing. Doesn’t visualize it, doesn’t react to it, nothing. It would crash if I didn’t take over. I think this is just such a vital part of driving that is being overlooked.