Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Hazard Warranty or Tire Insurance Program in NJ or NY area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting a new M3P, and looking for Road Hazard Warranty or Tire Insurance Program for new car.

Because of my experience replacing 5 tires in the past 2 years due to potholes on NJ and NY roads, Road Hazard warranty really makes sense to me, especially for low profile tires.

I am looking for any stores or company who can sells such programs, but no luck so far.
  • Discount Tires stores sells Road Hazard program on tires not purchased from their stores, but I need to bring it to the shop. There is no Discount Tires around my area.
  • AAA and GoodSam provides tire&wheels protection programs, but not on Tesla.
  • There is no Sonsio partners around my area (Sonsio provides Road Hazard warranty program on tirerack)
  • I have been calling some dealerships or tire stores, but I have not got any positive answers yet.

How do you manage Road Hazard, and does anybody know who can provide warranty or insurances on new cars around NJ or NY?

Thanks,

No info to add, but I’m looking as well and I agree in the NE it’s worth it.

If I can’t find any, I guess I’ll have to self insure and upgrade the wheels WHEN the inevitable happens.

Kind of late update, but here is what I ended up.

I purchased tire&wheel warranty program from xcelerate auto.
Auto Warranty Options - X-Care by Xcelerate Auto

It is a new company in TX, providing 3rd party extended warranties specialized in EVs (Tesla).
I found they also provide tire&wheels warranty program. (please see the attached voucher)

Their warranty program covers road hazard protection on tires and wheels as well as curve rushes at no deductibles.
What I got quoted was:

X-Care Wheel and Tire (All Tesla Models):
1 Year: $850
2 Year: $1,037
3 Year: $1,073
4 Year: $1,134
5 Year: $1,201
6 Year: $1,297
7 Year: $1,408

This is for brand new car, and I am not sure how much they quote now, but the sales agent at the xcelerate said their pricing is fair across the board for everyone, and encourage transparency and share the same price to everyone.

I decided to go for 4yrs to match up with Tesla manufacture warranty.
one 20-inch performance tire costs like $300 plus installation. if you get a bubble every year and replace 4 tires, it pays out. If you have to replace wheels, I think this warranty really helps.
I have not got any issues on my tires or wheels yet, and I don't know if their claiming process really goes smoothly or not.
At least, this gives me a peace of mind driving roads where has many potholes.

Buying warranty program really depends on each driver's situation. Some people think its worth, and some people don't. They are both right. I am just sharing this for one of options to choose who concerns road hazards and no chance to go for Discount Tires to get tire warranty on equipment tires.

Attachments

• Wheel and Tire Brochure.pdf
    997 KB · Views: 311
Reactions: DrtyJrze
Kind of late update, but here is what I ended up.

I purchased tire&wheel warranty program from xcelerate auto.
Auto Warranty Options - X-Care by Xcelerate Auto

It is a new company in TX, providing 3rd party extended warranties specialized in EVs (Tesla).
I found they also provide tire&wheels warranty program. (please see the attached voucher)

Their warranty program covers road hazard protection on tires and wheels as well as curve rushes at no deductibles.
What I got quoted was:

X-Care Wheel and Tire (All Tesla Models):
1 Year:
$850
2 Year: $1,037
3 Year: $1,073
4 Year: $1,134
5 Year: $1,201
6 Year: $1,297
7 Year: $1,408

This is for brand new car, and I am not sure how much they quote now, but the sales agent at the xcelerate said their pricing is fair across the board for everyone, and encourage transparency and share the same price to everyone.

I decided to go for 4yrs to match up with Tesla manufacture warranty.
one 20-inch performance tire costs like $300 plus installation. if you get a bubble every year and replace 4 tires, it pays out. If you have to replace wheels, I think this warranty really helps.
I have not got any issues on my tires or wheels yet, and I don't know if their claiming process really goes smoothly or not.
At least, this gives me a peace of mind driving roads where has many potholes.

Buying warranty program really depends on each driver's situation. Some people think its worth, and some people don't. They are both right. I am just sharing this for one of options to choose who concerns road hazards and no chance to go for Discount Tires to get tire warranty on equipment tires.
Did you purchase this directly from them ?

Did you purchase this directly from them ?
Yes. I purchased from Xcelerate Auto.

All warranty claims are handled by the third party insurance company, called Auto excel. (F&I Provider | AutoXcel | United States), which is one of worst insurance companies you have to deal with.

Owning for 2 years, I used the warranty for 2 tire replacements and 2 bent wheels.
They paid out all claims so far, but claiming process really takes time, and they request many documents for their review, and try to find excuses to not approve the claim payments. You may need to wait 1-2 week to fix your wheel or flat tire.

Yes. I purchased from Xcelerate Auto.

All warranty claims are handled by the third party insurance company, called Auto excel. (F&I Provider | AutoXcel | United States), which is one of worst insurance companies you have to deal with.

Owning for 2 years, I used the warranty for 2 tire replacements and 2 bent wheels.
They paid out all claims so far, but claiming process really takes time, and they request many documents for their review, and try to find excuses to not approve the claim payments. You may need to wait 1-2 week to fix your wheel or flat tire.
Hi Mitch, we just did a claims review with AutoXcel, and have streamlined the claims process to better serve our members. Sorry for any inconvenience during our "growing pains" with this new provider, but glad to hear your claims were handled. We always strive for the best service for our members!

• Helpful
Reactions: brkaus
Hi Mitch, we just did a claims review with AutoXcel, and have streamlined the claims process to better serve our members. Sorry for any inconvenience during our "growing pains" with this new provider, but glad to hear your claims were handled. We always strive for the best service for our members!
I went to your website looking for a tire and wheel package but I could not find it separately from your EV coverage. Is it now lumped together or am I still able to purchase it seperately?