Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Hero Space Saver Tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had the misfortune of three punctures in the last 12 months, all requiring a new tyre. That's bad enough, but waiting for 2 hours on the roadside for recovery on one occasion and being with no car for a weekend as they tyre fitter had no suitable tyres was a far bigger inconvenience.

With that in mind I recently bought one of those Road Hero kits from Sunset Tyres. On opening the kit, the scissor jack looked totally unsuitable. I sent an email in to query it and literally within one minute Lee from Sunset Tyres rang me. He agreed that the jack looked unsuitable and offered to look into it. He initially suggested getting a Halfords jack and refunding me the difference. 30 minutes later he called back and said that the incorrect jack had been sent and a replacement would be with me on Thursday. This morning a replacement jack kit turned up, new jack, gloves, high-vis jacket and so on.

Credit where credit is due, the service offered by Lee at Sunset is second to none. No messing, fault accepted and a solution in place in less than a day.

Incorrect jack supplied:
PXL-20220726-133642574[1].jpg

Correct jack type

image[1].png

I have had the misfortune of three punctures in the last 12 months, all requiring a new tyre. That's bad enough, but waiting for 2 hours on the roadside for recovery on one occasion and being with no car for a weekend as they tyre fitter had no suitable tyres was a far bigger inconvenience.

With that in mind I recently bought one of those Road Hero kits from Sunset Tyres. On opening the kit, the scissor jack looked totally unsuitable. I sent an email in to query it and literally within one minute Lee from Sunset Tyres rang me. He agreed that the jack looked unsuitable and offered to look into it. He initially suggested getting a Halfords jack and refunding me the difference. 30 minutes later he called back and said that the incorrect jack had been sent and a replacement would be with me on Thursday. This morning a replacement jack kit turned up, new jack, gloves, high-vis jacket and so on.

Credit where credit is due, the service offered by Lee at Sunset is second to none. No messing, fault accepted and a solution in place in less than a day.

Incorrect jack supplied:
View attachment 833307

Correct jack type

View attachment 833306
I bought an identical wheel and kit 3 years ago (not actually Road Hero) and took the angle grinder to the jack! Thankfully never had to use it in anger ... but I normally keep the wheel at home to brought out to me if needed (preferably with my trolley jack). All my punctures over the past 10 years have been within about 10 miles of home. Never had a puncture on a trip ... so far.

Reactions: Zakalwe
I bought the same kit about a year ago, and had the same god awful Jack that is completely not fit for the purpose IMO. Even though its advertised as a "kit for Tesla"

I emailed them and eventually got told they are working on a proper Tesla Jack and would contact me when it was ready, I'd forgotten all about it honestly and i'm almost sure they are expecting me to buy it when its available.

While your replacement Jack looks a lot better, its still built on the same frame and to be honest, after jacking my car up once with the old jack and watching the frame bend under the weight of a bloody heavy car, i'm gonna get a slimline trolley jack or something when funds allow.

Reactions: Zakalwe