Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road hero spare wheel kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've repaired a puncture from a screw in my tyre with one of those plug kits. Took me about two hours on my own driveway and was such hard work that when it happened a second time about 6 months later (can you believe it!?) I simply ran down to a place that repairs them locally and let £20 go. This kind of repair would have been impossible on the side of a road somewhere because I needed pliers to get the screw out in the first place (and that was one hell of a job). Pliers now in boot. However, the idea of doing this in the dark/rain with three kids in the car on a busy road is def not something I think I'll ever actually try. Green Flag can do that thanks or at least tow me somewhere that can.

I bought one of these and had to use it again recently this time I realised that there is a small bolt that holds the disc in place and there is no recess in the rear of the wheel to accommodate this so the wheel doesn't sit flush. Easily drilled with a 10mm bit but worth checking before you need to use it
I have just got around to trying the Road Hero wheel. Did it on my drive, and had no trouble at all. The jack did the job, but I may think of some way of modding it to get a better grip on the puck. It's a standard generic scissor jack with a rail type pad. Not ideal. The wheel is recessed the same as the original, so that bolt head is not a problem. The supplied puck fits extremely tightly, I needed a screwdriver to lever it out. I'll use one of my own in future.