Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road noise caused by roof seams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard that a fair amount of noise at speeds (over 60) is caused by the flex seal between the top of the car and the front section of the glass roof. There is a rubber seal kit that being sold that is supposed to stop this.
Has anybody it? Does it work?
Thanks

I have excessive wind noise also.

The SC replaced the quarter panel glass weatherstripping on the front left and right doors, but the wind noise is still there.

I'm going to try seal the windows with tape to see if the noise gets better. Maybe try taping up different sections to find where it's leaking on your car?

RPMTesla seal kit came yesterday. I installed it this afternoon. The install took about 30 minutes. Pretty straight forward. I'll check it out over the next couple of days and report back about noise reduction.

OK! I didn't take any really long runs, but at speeds over 50 MPH, the noise coming from the roof is definitely lower. Now if I just install the force field modification, I will be able to get rid of the road and tire noise. Seriously, the RPM Tesla kit looks like a keeper.

Reactions: AZatul
OK! I didn't take any really long runs, but at speeds over 50 MPH, the noise coming from the roof is definitely lower. Now if I just install the force field modification, I will be able to get rid of the road and tire noise. Seriously, the RPM Tesla kit looks like a keeper.
I know it’s only $30 but after spending $57k I would think the service center could and should make the same fix for free. My 3 is super quiet on local roads but the wind noise at highway speeds is annoying.

I know it’s only $30 but after spending $57k I would think the service center could and should make the same fix for free. My 3 is super quiet on local roads but the wind noise at highway speeds is annoying.

There are lots of things Tesla can do for folks plonking down $60k+, but the general consensus on this forum is that we should be so lucky to even get a car (I disagree with this group think, needless to say) ;)

• Funny
Reactions: ricohman and AZatul