Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I m a new Model 3 owner and I just go my first 1200 miles on it today. I truly feel the road noise that the M3 owners talking about, especially after the tire kind of breaks in.
Have anyone tried to install sound deadening material ( dynamic, Noico or fatmat..etc) behind the wheel well or wheel liner?

I'm trying to prepare for my 2022 M3LR and I also wonder if anyone has tried things like the Door Seal Kit in the 2022 M3?
Not sure about a 2022, but it really HELPED quit a bit with our June 2018 model. I think the seal kits are better now, with frunk and trunk seals, and better B pillar seals. It's pretty cheap, only takes about one hour and what is an extra bonus is that it keeps more DUST AND WATER out of the lower section of the car since it really does create more of a barrier.. totally worth it. I don't click on the link you posted but just pick a top kit on Amazon and you should be fine.

I put the door seal kit on my 2021 and the doors have a more solid closing sound and the sills stay way cleaner but for noise reduction... not really to my ears. Around town the car is really quiet. When you get up to typical US highway speeds (75mph+) there is plenty of wind and road noise. The road surface plays a big part but it's not a particularly quiet highway car in my opinion.

I found that the rear door seals made the most difference and as others have noted, it’s usually at lower speeds up to ~50 mph.. on the highway, it’s all about tires, tire pressure and the front light boxes.. mine had a big lip/gap that was raised up. I put just a tiny bit of clear bumper guard on them around the lower portion and it really reduced highway noises from that area. I have read that there is airflow disruption around the A pillar from the bonnet corners to the A pillar box.. putting some spongy form in there apparently works to reduce this airflow congestion, but I haven‘t tried that one yet.

Newer kits come with frunk and truck seals too, which I don’t have . I can only imagine that might add a bit more soundproofing or else they wouldn’t include them.. although we all know the problems with the M3 trunk and water coming in, so maybe that is a bigger reason to include them. At some point I’ll add these extra bits and see.