Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Rage Caught On Teslacam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
too many vehicles-too much dependence on oil. In 2016 over 3.1 billion hours were wasted on traffic congestion in USA and that equals to over 1.6 billion barrels of oil wasted, which equals to carbon emission and all leads to frustration= road rage.
This video has absolutely nothing to do with oil.... LOL

Last edited:
The driver of the utility truck should have got out and started wailing on the bmw's door for cutting him off. Woulda been awesome.

So, do you wait for him to get back in the car first, or go beat on his door while he's out beating on the other truck?

It can't be nearly as satisfying to whale away on an empty car, but waiting isn't really a road rage thing...

This happened to me once, and the dude came to my door and kicked my side mirror which collapsed.. then he yanked my door open and threatened physical violence... called me white trump supporter (i'm not.. lord am I NOT).. called 911.. Cops caught him, but did nothing. No report.. no charges.. nothing. Makes me wonder what goes through these people's minds and whether they understand the repercussions

Reactions: C141medic
31prCi0as0L.jpg

One of these in the center console. Anyone who comes up to my car door will get a faceful, no questions asked.

https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Enforcement-Defense-Spray-Pistol/dp/B003ZA6D6C/ref=sr_1_9?crid=1IMCKBBTU5LHF&keywords=fox+5.3&qid=1560968901&s=gateway&sprefix=fox+pepper,aps,156&sr=8-9

(Obligatory legal note: Check pepper spray laws in your state here. Some states don't allow posession at all, others don't allow sales, others restrict the type of spray or the container size.)

31prCi0as0L.jpg

One of these in the center console. Anyone who comes up to my car door will get a faceful, no questions asked.

https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Enforcement-Defense-Spray-Pistol/dp/B003ZA6D6C/ref=sr_1_9?crid=1IMCKBBTU5LHF&keywords=fox+5.3&qid=1560968901&s=gateway&sprefix=fox+pepper,aps,156&sr=8-9

(Obligatory legal note: Check pepper spray laws in your state here. Some states don't allow posession at all, others don't allow sales, others restrict the type of spray or the container size.)

I hadn't given it much thought, but I suspect a fire extinguisher will give most folks pause, and it's perfectly legal everywhere AFAIK.

Might also escalate the situation once they recover from the surprise, though.

I hadn't given it much thought, but I suspect a fire extinguisher will give most folks pause, and it's perfectly legal everywhere AFAIK.

Might also escalate the situation once they recover from the surprise, though.

The problem with that is because the agent in a fire extinguisher is not rated to be "safe" for self-defense, you could be liable if it hurt someone. e.g. Monoammonium phosphate (ABC dry chemical) is an extreme eye irritant and could cause lasting damage. You don't want to be responsible for that.

Further, like you say, if you don't incapacitate the perpetrator, you risk escalating the retaliation.

too many vehicles-too much dependence on oil. In 2016 over 3.1 billion hours were wasted on traffic congestion in USA and that equals to over 1.6 billion barrels of oil wasted, which equals to carbon emission and all leads to frustration= road rage.

I'm surprised you did not blame TSLA short sellers!

I guess there must have been a bunch of drama before they turned onto your road.

I'm thinking this has more to do with off-camera family drama or a love triangle, than road rage.

On the other hand, this is a VERY California scene.
  • In TX, at least one of the two guys would likely have had a gun, and the other would have been shot by 0:25 time stamp. Or, it would have never happened in the first place, fearing the above scenario.
  • In NJ, at least one of the two guys would likely have had a baseball bat or a tire iron at the ready, and the other would have been running away by 0:25 time stamp mark. Or, it would have never happened in the first place, fearing the above scenario.
:D

Reactions: sweetneet
31prCi0as0L.jpg

Fox isn't a fire extinguisher, it's pepper spray. Really, really, good pepper spray. I've had cans of it for many years, but I was always worried about keeping it in a car during summer. Imagine if it popped in the car. Yikes.

BTW, if you carry Fox, you should also carry some Sudecon wipes in case you get some "reflected" OC spray. At 5.3 million Scoville units, the stuff will ruin your day.