Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road surface mapping capability?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read somewhere I believe, that Tesla vehicles have the ability to map the road surface for potholes, dips, damage, etc. Is that correct?
If correct how? And how would data be shared? (I am trying to get my city to repair my street for 30 years!)

I read that recently too. I don't think the Model 3 has the adaptive suspension that the S and X have though. Everyone writing the articles acts like it's pothole avoidance, but not really. However, if they are mapping it for this then they could add the avoidance to FSD in the future.

I read somewhere I believe, that Tesla vehicles have the ability to map the road surface for potholes, dips, damage, etc. Is that correct?
If correct how? And how would data be shared? (I am trying to get my city to repair my street for 30 years!)
My city has an app for that. If you see a pothole, open thr app, take the pictures and they will know the exact geolocation of the pothole. Usually gets fixed in 15 days!

This is better

1659901330866.png