Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road trip and door latch paranoia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I was about to drive home, closed my driver's door and as it latches, it pops out again. Display shows door as open. Tried to open and close with touchscreen but still wouldn't latch properly. Had to slam the door a few times in order to close properly. When I got home, everything was working fine.

I'm going on a road trip in a few days and am freaking out that the latch will fail mid trip. My car is February 2017 build. I will call the SC on Tuesday (Monday is a public holiday here), but am I in huge trouble if the latches fail mid trip? I thought my car was recently built and would have more reliable latches.

Happy Canada Day .
well it is a good idea to take the car to SC. but maybe you can inspect the door yourself, a friend of mine got his seatbelt stuck in between the door and the door was not closing. this may not be your case, try out the door in different area like angled drive way, flat drive way and such see if that gives you any issues.
some times my door wont close when it is windy and I close the door manually, maybe look into that as well.