Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Trip!!! Coming to Houston.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Houston area owners. Well, I'll be coming around the mountain (actually across the Plaines from Chicago) and visiting Houston for a little over a week. I'll be coming to visit my sister who lives out in the Heights area. A few years back I was on a project that had me in Greenspoint area of Houston for about 8 months. I didn't venture out too much other than to visit restaurants so I didn't get to know too much other than Greenspoint and Woodlands.

Normally, I fly to destinations, especially when I'm traveling with my wife and kids. However, both my wife and I remember fondly the road trips we used to take with our respective parents. Loaded up in the back of the station wagon with enough room to sprawl out and play cards, GI Joes, Legos,...

We won't be letting our kids sprawl out in the hatch of the Tesla because they will be belted in, they will have what we didn't growing up, iPads. We also want to drive to take on an adventure, driving our non-ICE car for our first true long distance trip in the car (owned it since July 2013).

I hope to run into some enthusiast owners while in Houston, not literally.

Wish us luck!

Also, anyone have any suggestions on where to charge in/near the Heights area?

Made it into Houston last night. Drive was much easier than I ever thought it would be.....definitely easier than ICE. Driving through Dallas, Houston, and Denton was definitely eye-opening.

Now just need to find where we'll be charging a couple of times this week. After I get my fill of Texas BBQ for July 4th celebrations we are going to, I hope to meet some Houston owners this week.

Happy Independence day all!!

BTW, anyone have any recommendations on hand wash or detailers in Heights area or near Galleria?

BTW, anyone have any recommendations on hand wash or detailers in Heights area or near Galleria?

Splash Hand Car Wash does a good job, though the building/facility doesn't look like much. They are right near the Galleria, though.

5726 Richmond Ave.
Houston, TX 77057
713-952-9692

Vive Auto Detailing does an outstanding outside-only express wash for $25. This is the place I had apply my Opticoat Pro. They are pretty far away from the Galleria, though (probably 20 miles).

12320 Bellaire Boulevard #8
Houston, TX 77072
832-613-8807

Be careful if you use nav to go to that location from the Galleria. Nav will probably try to send you down the Westpark Tollway, which is EZ-Tag only. Probably best to come straight west on Bellaire Blvd from US 59.

Last edited: