Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Trip Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What? The car shows you predicted state of charge for arrival at your destination. It’s at the bottom of the trip outline (scroll down to the bottom of the list) and updates in real time as you drive.
We're not talking about predicted arrival SoC... We're talking about setting the arrival SoC, so that it will calculate when/where to charge in order to arrive with the preset SoC.

Reactions: Big Earl
We're not talking about predicted arrival SoC... We're talking about setting the arrival SoC, so that it will calculate when/where to charge in order to arrive with the preset SoC.
I can definitely see how that would be helpful. I'm getting ready to do another trip and will have to run a few scenario's on ABRP to preview my charging options on one particularly long leg.

What? The car shows you predicted state of charge for arrival at your destination. It’s at the bottom of the trip outline (scroll down to the bottom of the list) and updates in real time as you drive.
Yeah, but with ABRP I can set the destination as a waypoint and add the place I'm heading back to. That way, ABRP will figure out return charging as well.

This is where Tesla's lack of waypoint support can be a real issue.

That's regardless of whether your battery is percent or miles. The SOC at end seems to always be percent

I'm sure I've seen the return SOC with just Tesla trip. Because it's usually negative for me. Of course meaning I'd better charge somewhere if I expect to get home. The lack of waypoints does borther me as I'll use waypoints for a rest stop in ABRP. With the Tesla trip I have to put that as the destination so it only shows the way point as a return. And that carries. So you only see the return SOC from 'waypoint' A to B.

Sure - the car shows it …… but you can’t change it. Yeah, you can watch it while charging and wait till it’s what you want (for your next stop) ……. But you can’t set it as a target for intermediate or final destinations when building the the overall navigation plan.

Seems to me the car’s Nav is great for getting you to your next destination ……….. but for planning a multi-day road trip with intermediate stops and waypoints, it falls a little short.