Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road-Trip Feedback (From the Passengers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
I just took a couple of friends (in their 80's) on a five-hour road trip to Leavenworth, Washington from my home in Redmond. They enjoyed the trip, but they had a bit of feedback. They suggested that the back seats have "grab bars" to help get into and out of the car and to have something to hold on to when I was accelerating around corners. They also missed having somewhere to store small items like a back of the seat pocket as on airline seats. Rear-seat control of the temperature/fan would also be a nice plus.

As the driver, I too missed the utility of a grab-bar to help get in and out. While the Model X is high enough to make this fairly easy, I found the Model S (loaner cars) were VERY tough to wedge myself into.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to where these suggestions would have the most impact on Tesla?

I just took a couple of friends (in their 80's) on a five-hour road trip to Leavenworth, Washington from my home in Redmond. They enjoyed the trip, but they had a bit of feedback. They suggested that the back seats have "grab bars" to help get into and out of the car and to have something to hold on to when I was accelerating around corners. They also missed having somewhere to store small items like a back of the seat pocket as on airline seats. Rear-seat control of the temperature/fan would also be a nice plus.

As the driver, I too missed the utility of a grab-bar to help get in and out. While the Model X is high enough to make this fairly easy, I found the Model S (loaner cars) were VERY tough to wedge myself into.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to where these suggestions would have the most impact on Tesla?

Would raising the air suspension help? In our (non-Tesla) with air suspension we park with the suspension raised to exit the vehicle and lower the suspension when passengers enter the vehicle.

Reactions: Beta V