Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road trip: Fort Lauderdale to Cape Cod

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cape Coddess

2 Roths full - holding!
Aug 18, 2019
Florida
Hi folks! Time to make that grueling road trip North again.

I'd like to hit all superchargers that have convenience stores or open restaurants. Sometimes, during the night, I'll hit them with a mall that's closed, and no open restaurants or gas stations around, and one with shady goings on in the parking lot. I just can't remember which ones they were.

Anybody have favorite supercharger stops along the I-95 corridor between South Florida and Massachusetts that have facilities open all night? And one with a nearby hotel that accepts pets around Virginia/ Maryland would be a plus.

I've made that trip several times, but I don't drive overnight, and most of the superchargers I've used have been near businesses that wouldn't be open during the night, so it might be hard to find what you're looking for.

I haven't found the trip to be grueling at all, especially with AP. Have you considered stopping for an additional night along the way? That would eliminate the need for overnight facilities.

I've made that trip several times, but I don't drive overnight, and most of the superchargers I've used have been near businesses that wouldn't be open during the night, so it might be hard to find what you're looking for.

I haven't found the trip to be grueling at all, especially with AP. Have you considered stopping for an additional night along the way? That would eliminate the need for overnight facilities.
Yes, once my old cat is gone I will stop overnight. But I don't really want to inflict her old lady behavior on a hotel. So I sleep in the car with her while charging. Cat naps, you know. So the trip North is only grueling because I'm a bit tired by the time I get to the big cities. That's when the car needs me most. The trip South is easy peasy because by the time I'm a bit tired the car can pretty well do its own thing.

Attachments

• IMG_20190415_123631702_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190415_123631702_HDR.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Reactions: 2101Guy
You asked about a pet-friendly hotel, so I assumed you were staying at a hotel for at least one night. Can't help with the question about overnight facilities, but you should be able to get that information from other sources. Good luck!
I figure it's best to have a backup plan with the name of a hotel or motel in case a time comes when I can't make it. Even if they don't let us in again because she howls all night, it'll be better to be safe than sorry on the road. Every trip I make I think it's going to be her last, but she just keeps going like the ever ready kitty.

Attachments

• IMG_20200427_155647272.jpg
    IMG_20200427_155647272.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 47
We drove from DC to Naples and back last month (and I’m heading to Boston in a couple of weeks). Some observations here that might help. We
stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn in Santee, SC, across the street from the supercharger. Dog friendly and comfortable. Clarks was good for outdoor dinner, too.

Some more potentially helpful info here: I-95 corridor superchargers: Good ones? Bad ones? and here:

Reactions: Cape Coddess