Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Trip from Los Angeles to Monterey....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone, thank you for all the feedback. We ended up taking the 101 up there as we wanted to spend more time in Monterey. On the way back to LA we took the 1 south. We charge full before we left Monterey and charged again at Madonna Inn. Then one for time in SB. Made it back with 20%. Also I recommend to do the 1 south for views and pulling to the side for pictures or views. This is more for the passengers and easy pull out.

Everyone, thank you for all the feedback. We ended up taking the 101 up there as we wanted to spend more time in Monterey. On the way back to LA we took the 1 south. We charge full before we left Monterey and charged again at Madonna Inn. Then one for time in SB. Made it back with 20%. Also I recommend to do the 1 south for views and pulling to the side for pictures or views. This is more for the passengers and easy pull out.
Pictures??

Yup, Big Sur is a spectacular drive and if you're only going one way I'd recommend it be south as the pullouts are on the right side going south.

And if you're charging at the Madonna Inn in SLO, check out the bakery in their cafe. Their cakes are amazing!

Last edited:
Reactions: 73Bruin