TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Road Trip From Vancouver to Fremont

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by nleggatt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. nleggatt

nleggatt Member

Hey everyone

My wife and I are thinking of driving from Vancouver to Fremont and were wondering if there are any 90Amp chargers along the way (before we finally hit the Super Chargers in CA). I see alot of chargers on PlugShare, but don't want to click through everyone single one of them to find a 90Amp. Perhaps someone here knows of some.

Also, the orange ones on plugshare, Blink Stations, can we charge at those? Fast?

Thanks for the help

2. captain_zap

captain_zap Electron tamer

You will probably want to acquire these three charging network cards for this trip, Aerovironment (gets the West Coast Green Highway charger, http://www.westcoastgreenhighway.com/electrichighways.htm), Blink network, and Charge Point. As for high power chargers, There are a few 70A J1772 chargers but that's the best you will find in the wild in the States. Here's the Tesla Highway, courtesy of TMC member ChadS: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=213359050108102131982.00048cca5f440e03b1fe4

3. nleggatt

nleggatt Member

Thanks. When it says, "70A, Roadster connector." do I need an adapter for that?
    Sorry, totally new at this.

- - - Updated - - -

NVM, Just read the description on the side that says I need a $650 adapter :)

4. captain_zap

captain_zap Electron tamer

Yes, there is a Roadster to Model S adapter cable which can be ordered from your local Tesla service center ($650 USD) but they seem to be perpetually out of stock. Having one would make your trip much nicer, IMHO.

5. roblab

roblab Active Member

Yes. I bought the adapter, Roadster HPC on one end, Model S on the other. Twist lock into HPC, plug into car, turn on HPC. It's about 4 feet long, and I would ship it to you if you want to just use it until the Superchargers come out. Send me an email, we can figure details: stelling at napanet dot net....

6. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

Depends. If it is a former Roadster charge point converted, or a Super Charger, yes. But, the majority are CHAdeMO, and there is yet no adapter to allow the Roadster or the S to use them. Sad, as the CHAdeMO network is quite extensive along I5 in WA and OR.

There is a thread on this subject: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/7107-Likelihood-of-a-CHAdeMO-adapter-for-the-Model-S