TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Road trip Grand Teton!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mobius484, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Mobius484

Mobius484 Supporting Member

Have 5 day trip to Jackson/Tetons, loading up the wife, kids 4/6/7, and dog, for another road trip in the MS 90D. 35000 miles and a number of great road trip memories through the northwest over last few years. I haven’t used the Lima, MT charger yet or been to southern Yellowstone/Tetons in my MS but am excited to explore. Colter Bay campground for 2 nights I think I will be ok without having to charge before going back to Jackson, but will be driving pretty slow and conservative through the park areas....will update if anyone is interested... i am very familiar with the area there, but haven’t done it in the Tesla. If my experience holds, it will be an amazing trip...

• Like x 1
  2. arcus

arcus Active Member

Please share some pictures later!

3. Mobius484

6C45A993-FF73-4AED-9F13-348313E88727.jpeg 08293ECA-A250-4726-93BC-075D629A4D3C.jpeg 543D0827-E0FD-4CCD-896B-4809227CE4E3.jpeg

600 miles flat, 219kWh, 366 Wh/mile....

No I pads or screens for kids, just watching our country roll by... met two dudes at hand cafe in Lima who were riding divide trail from Alberta to Mexico.... headwind last 4 hrs, moose and deer on road , kids helped scan for animals coming over both passes swan valley to victor to Jackson... Great smooth drive. Looking forward to heading into the park next few days.

Skipped superior, hit Missoula charger, butte, Lima and Idaho falls... great spacing, allowed for charging just enough to facilitate a walk, meal/bathroom...

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Mobius484

Shared all locations with one model three on a drive with four folks from California to Ontario.... otherwise a model s in Jackson... saw a model three on the road northbound....

5. Duffer

Duffer TSLA Long

Sounds like a great trip. Please keep us updated when you can. Pics if/when you have WiFi.

6. Mobius484

9032C5D5-F7BF-4A1E-BB5A-00260C0EA6EF.jpeg

• Love x 1
  7. henderrj

henderrj Member

8. Mobius484

Sorry! That is Jackson lake and the grand Tetons. One of America’s great treasures! Not to mention that other great American treasure right there that beautiful model S! ;)!

• Like x 3
  9. kg7jo-

kg7jo- Member

Drove all the way up to Glacier last week in my 75D. great experience driving an EV for road trip. have fun!

IMG_7737.jpeg

• Like x 1
  10. agtdDelirium

agtdDelirium Member

This is exactly what shows the advantage of Tesla in the EV market. Name me another EV that can make a trip like this. Superchargers are what make the Tesla! I am planning a similar trip in the near future. Love the pictures of the majestic Tetons with the Model S.

• Like x 2