TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

road trip help - how to correlate hotels and charging stations

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by ljwobker, Oct 30, 2014.

1. ljwobker

ljwobker Geek.

Nov 30, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    We're doing a cross-country road trip next week, and one thing I'd love to be able to do is find charging spots (1772's, not really superchargers) in places where we'd be very close to, or at, hotels. This would allow us to save one "supercharge time" per day and also leave each morning with a completely full charge.

OTHER than looking at plugshare, and then trying to pick and choose places that have hotels really close by... is there a better way to try and find these potential locations?

I'm basically looking for a SQL query that says "give me all locations that have at least a 30A / 208v charger, and a hotel within easy walking/uber distance) ... but I have no idea how to do that. Any suggestions?
  2. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

May 1, 2013
    Southlake, TX
  3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Jul 16, 2009
    Finding hotels near charging stations has, in the past, always been the most frustrating part of planning road trips.

Plugshare adding a feature to help find hotels with chargers is great (though not as good as being able to find hotels NEAR chargers).

When going along a Supercharger path, I just don't worry about it - it is far cheaper and easier to sleep wherever you want (get it within, say, 30 miles of a Supercharger, and stop for breakfast). Now I only bother trying to find hotels near chargers when off the Supercharger path.