Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road trip: Maine to Orlando Florida 4/19/17-4/27/17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are curious about a road trip from Maine to Orlando Florida, follow our blog.
www.keepitsimplekeepitfun.blogspot.com

Any recommendations would be appreciated or share with us information that you would like posted!

Just came back from a trip from Maryland to KeyWest and back with the kids. All was uneventful except I had to wait about 15 minutes at Santee, SC because all stalls were full (a couple of Teslas from Quebec, a Maryland, and a Virginia plates - don't remember the rest) . After another 10 minutes, there were 3 stalls open. I had to stop and start charging to get a higher charge rate - didn't adjust the charge rate on its own once the "B" side was released.

You're not going down there, but Plantation super charger was the worst with 8 stalls filled with Tesla's with FL license plates. Luckily one left a few minutes after I got there and I was able to plug in but went at slower pace the whole time. Another FL license plate Tesla came after me and got in line to wait. It is funny to see all these FL license plate cars all crowding the supercharger. They may or may not be local, but I think I have been to the supercharger close to where I live ONCE in the almost two years I have owned the car - and that was for a 10 minutes duration and no one was there.

Enjoy your trip and let the rookie driver (the machne) take control. You will be much more relaxed when you get to your destination.

Interesting about Santee, just returned from a trip Arlington to Hilton Head Island and only found a model S charging both directions. The Clark Inn is a pretty good place to plan a lunch or dinner stop. The only wait time we had was in Lumberton, NC on our way back home. Tesla needs to double the chargers to 8 at this stop.

Just came back from a trip from Maryland to KeyWest and back with the kids. All was uneventful except I had to wait about 15 minutes at Santee, SC because all stalls were full (a couple of Teslas from Quebec, a Maryland, and a Virginia plates - don't remember the rest) . After another 10 minutes, there were 3 stalls open. I had to stop and start charging to get a higher charge rate - didn't adjust the charge rate on its own once the "B" side was released.

You're not going down there, but Plantation super charger was the worst with 8 stalls filled with Tesla's with FL license plates. Luckily one left a few minutes after I got there and I was able to plug in but went at slower pace the whole time. Another FL license plate Tesla came after me and got in line to wait. It is funny to see all these FL license plate cars all crowding the supercharger. They may or may not be local, but I think I have been to the supercharger close to where I live ONCE in the almost two years I have owned the car - and that was for a 10 minutes duration and no one was there.

Enjoy your trip and let the rookie driver (the machne) take control. You will be much more relaxed when you get to your destination.
Fla is a big state. While I don't know if the people at that spc were local or not I do know that I use many spcs in fla and despite my having fla tags on the car I could be a long way from home