Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road trip posts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cinergi

Sep 17, 2010
MA
I don't understand the reasoning behind moving road trip posts to the regional forums -- because they're pretty far from region-specific; most cross regions. And the general forum reader misses out on important information and stories around road tripping because who's gonna go look for those in regional forums? I propose leaving them (move back plz) in the Model S forum OR creating another forum topic for road trips.

I know my post (My Boston, MA Charlotte, NC road trip) got moved (without notice) -- but given the number of road trip posts in the NE forum, I suspect others have, too.

Please, when moving things around, I would appreciate a notice in the thread. I know it's work, no one's paid to moderate the forums (thank you!) -- but it's really disorienting when the thread moves and in some cases I don't notice and/or wonder why the original audience is gone / stopped replying. Those guys lose out, too. I've had to PM folks who were waiting for updates to let them know the thread had moved cuz they'd never see the update. Would be cool if VB had a "thread has moved" feature that temporarily links from the old to the new place.

Again -- thanks for the volunteer support here. Just some gentle criticism :)

-=| Ben

I've always felt that there was no good place for road trip threads on TMC. I see road trips posted in Driving Dynamics, regional forums, Model S main forum, etc. I would love to see a road trip subforum, although with more and more Superchargers they probably won't be as interesting or eventful as the RV Park/public/hotel charging stories.