Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road trip range anxiety is still a thing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the Tesla CCS adapter on order now.

But it looks like RV hookups are the main source of electricity in Big Bend. We love to spend the nights in Chisos basin. That looks like the challenging part as there are no RV hookups in the Basin.
Yep, 14-50 only, no fast chargers. We stayed at both Rio Grande Village and Terlingua.

PlugShare shows a 6-20 available at Chisos lodge.

Last edited:
Reactions: AudreyHTX1
You may also like my guide to running a 12v compressor fridge in your Tesla. Sadly it's not as easy as it should be with a battery that can run that thing for weeks. The Tesla has to turn 250w of computer on to run your fridge that averages 20w. Sigh.
But it's nice to have it and not worry about ice, and keep that meat and cheese for snacks at any picnic spot not just a supercharger.

Brad, read your article. Wouldn’t be possible to run power from the little 12v battery? I thought the car automatically recharges the 12v system when it gets low.

Brad, read your article. Wouldn’t be possible to run power from the little 12v battery? I thought the car automatically recharges the 12v system when it gets low.
Some have tried this but aside from wearing out that battery (which is lead acid) it apparently causes the car to issue errors because it seems that the battery is failing, always low. I don't know if this still applies.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1