Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Trip - Take 2 - Yaaaaaaah! Melbourne to Adelaide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next RT plan is shaping up - couple of probs - main one is - I will be passing through Adelaide on one day but will not have enough charge to make my destination - can anyone advise of the fastest/best/most reliable way to top up charge in Adelaide?
There is a 32A destination charger (two actually) at Burnside village shopping centre, which is a few minutes from the bottom of the freeway.
You're also most welcome to visit my office in the CBD, where I have a 40A connector....sitting right next to a 500 amp transformer. Anything quicker than that I can't really help. It's a few minutes from the mall or markets by foot if you need to wipe out a few hours.

The next RT plan is shaping up - couple of probs - main one is - I will be passing through Adelaide on one day but will not have enough charge to make my destination - can anyone advise of the fastest/best/most reliable way to top up charge in Adelaide?

Isn't there a CHAdeMO in Adelaide?

Mitsubishi Administration Building
Mitsubishi Administration Building | Adelaide, SA | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Apparently it needs a code but it must be obtainable as Tesla owners passing through have used it.

Trip shaping up nicely (mind you, nothing as daring as the current trip from WA currently underway)- launch date around the beginning of June.

Small prob - need a top up charge of about 100ks around Robe, SA?

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers
Alpal
Absolutely gorgeous town. You can get fresh crays at the factory, and the cafe's are all very good. Even the fish'n'chip shop had cray sandwiches.
So I'd stay a night or two on long beach (loads of house type options) and use the mobile charger overnight.

Reactions: Seesaw
Our next road trip is shaping up for departure 2nd June for ten days - see following image (we're going clockwise from Melbourne). It's an interesting exercise when there are no superchargers around which was the case with my last trip North.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and advice.

BTW Can anyone recommend some portable electric bicycles or scooters for us to take on our adventure. We have to wait on a few occassions for a daytime charge and I think these could come in handy (eg a three hour stop at the Murray Bridge showground).

RoadTrip2.jpg

Reactions: Kayto
image.jpeg

Found! And to maintain our theme, electric too!

So for the record, to accompany us on our next road trip we have purchased two electric scooters to occupy us whilst we charge during the day, and for those who like to see the specs: ;)

48v 12AH Lithium battery => .576 KWh (Yes that's half a KWh!)
(Software upgradeable to 1KWh - as soon as I find the onboard computer)
25-35 km range
6-8 hours charge via 'super' chargers
800 watt motor
Black - multi coat
Transparent pano roof (?)
Black next gen seat
9" turbine tyres
Smart suspension
Premium interior
Autopilot enabled (when pilot onboard)

Ordered 17/5 - picked up 17/5

I can already hear your questions:

What happens when you run out of charge?
How far can you go on one charge?
Does it use coal fired electricity to recharge?
Pretty exxy hey?

Yeah, yeah - I know - enough already. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Seesaw and Novatec
View attachment 177229

Found! And to maintain our theme, electric too!

So for the record, to accompany us on our next road trip we have purchased two electric scooters to occupy us whilst we charge during the day, and for those who like to see the specs: ;)

48v 12AH Lithium battery => .576 KWh (Yes that's half a KWh!)
(Software upgradeable to 1KWh - as soon as I find the onboard computer)
25-35 km range
6-8 hours charge via 'super' chargers
800 watt motor
Black - multi coat
Transparent pano roof (?)
Black next gen seat
9" turbine tyres
Smart suspension
Premium interior
Autopilot enabled (when pilot onboard)

Ordered 17/5 - picked up 17/5

I can already hear your questions:

What happens when you run out of charge?
How far can you go on one charge?
Does it use coal fired electricity to recharge?
Pretty exxy hey?

Yeah, yeah - I know - enough already. :)

FULLY SIK

(Has a drink holder too!)