Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Trip to Sunriver, Oregon this Summer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My family and I are headed to Sunriver for a week this summer (last stop before Sunriver will be the supercharger in Klamath Falls) and it looks like the charging options are pretty limited once we get there. I know Bend has a supercharger and another under construction right now, but that's 20-30 minutes out of the way. We're staying at an AirBNB and I'm not sure about any garage plugs there. Anyone spent time in Sunriver with any tips? Thinking I might have to bite the bullet and make the trek up to Bend before heading back south on the way home. I've done a ton of road trips in my Model 3, and have gotten over the range anxiety, but this will be our first road trip in our Model Y, and we'll have a roofbox on top, so I'm a bit anxious.

Sun River is kind of a charging desert. I'd buy a good rated (12 gauge is best) extension cord and there is typically always a plug somewhere you can get to. I've even ran them out of windows before :)

If you can get a full night of charging that should at least be enough to get you to Bend for a visit and then just hit the supercharger while you are there.

Reactions: zoates14
I've done this trip before, the last airbnb we stayed at had a NEMA 14-50 in the garage which was awesome. The other one just had a 120V that we used. Model Y with a roof box would definitely need a deeper charge in Klamath to make it. We made it in the Model 3 from Mt Shasta without stopping. I would plan on plugging into a 120V as soon as you get there, and if you decide you need more just make the trip up to Bend. Most houses in that area have garages, if you're staying at a condo or something maybe not. And I echo the 12 gauge extension, I bring it on all road trips.

Thanks for the responses. I've got family in K-Falls, so we'll be spending a night or two there on the way up. Sounds like we'll head straight from K-Falls to the Bend supercharger to start the week off with a full-ish charge in Sunriver.

It's been a few years since I was last there, but they had 2 Tesla destination chargers near the main Sunriver building, as well as a paid J1772 nearby.

Maybe call the main resort and ask if they're working, it's worth going there to get food anyway, even if you're not staying there.