TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Road trip to test out camper mode

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by aikisteve, Nov 9, 2017.

1. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

Last weekend I had an aikido seminar to go to in Germany and a 7 hour drive to get there. So, I used this opportunity to test out the new camper mode along the way. Turns out it's working great, as long as you don't forget to turn off the alarm before it wakes you up ;-)

Time to break out the popcorn and enjoy!

2. bishoppeak

bishoppeak Member

Great report! Arachnid wheels are looking good, can you tell any difference in ride, handling or performance?

3. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

Thanks for the kind words.
    I'm not driving the car at the edge on winding roads, so in that aspect I can't really say. I do notice that bump, small potholes and ridges in the road surface have become less noticeable inside. Maybe the weight difference makes it easier on the suspension so that it doesn't transmit as much to the cabin?