Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road trips - feed back please.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've driven Seattle to San Diego and back. At the time I went, it was a bit of a pain because 70A chargers were only SF and South, so I had to use slower campground outlets North of that. Now there is a chain of 70A chargers from Canada to Mexico. Actually I guess there is still a gap in Oregon, but they expect to have it installed in a week or so.

Did this charger go in? Surprised not to have heard about it yet if it has. If the chain has been completed, that must be worth a celebratory beer or two...

i just arrived near Murcia in Spain where I will join tomorrow the teams from the zero-race. i am just charging my car in a caravan-side with only 10A. But for overnight thats ok. For the daytime charging we tried privat yachting ports, where we found 3-phases up to 125A. It's a shame to charge on 32A for 2-3 hours, knowing that the full use of 3-phase may be possible. the lenght of the daily trips are limited by this, but 350-400km is easy to achive. the powerconsumtion went down to around 140Wh/km. Yesterday Low was 129Wh/km because of heavy tailwind.

looking forward to it! I am not a programer how can we help you in the effort?
at this time your encouragement is a great help.... once we go live then I think you can help in a number of ways, including;

(1) use a website/app that's using the OpenChargeMap database and tell everyone about it...

(2) add charge point data for locations that we are missing

(3) use the OpenChargeMap status feature to help us keep the database accurate

(4) contact your favourite website/app developer and ask them to use the OpenChargeMap database

(5) contact your local government programme and ask them why they are spending tax dollars developing a map database when a free, open, and global resource exists that they can use.