Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road trips: Where to find open bathrooms during coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove a significant chunk of i95 two weeks ago. At that point, most supercharger stops still had accessible bathrooms within walking distance. Most gas stations and hotels were still open, and Savannah airport was too. A few of the shopping mall based supercharger stops didn't have anything due to their restaurants being closed or having different hours from when I was passing through.

It's possible bathrooms are less available now than they were then. I might bring a couple empty bottles just in case...

Ben

• Informative
Reactions: Cape Coddess
GO anywhere toilet kit® (formerly the WAG Bag) | Cleanwaste Products Use wag bags often for winter camping. If you can't dig a hole, you don't just leave it in the snow.....

Amazon has "How to s*** in the woods" by Kathleen Meyer on Kindle

All joking aside. Maybe your nearest national or state forest. Nature and some peace and quiet. Social distancing. Pack it in, Pack it all out :)

Reactions: Cape Coddess
I completed a Philadelphia to Colorado run about 10 days ago, including a stretch of 95 down to Fredericksburg. Some observations:
1. Rest stop bathrooms are mostly open, but visitors centers, restaurants, and vending machine areas are closed.
2. Superchargers at fast food restaurants are problematic. They are open for takeout only and restrooms are closed. See #1... don't pass up a good rest stop bathroom.
3. Convenience store SCs like Wawa and Sheetz were fine. All were open because they sell gas.
4. All the SCs I used at hotels had open bathrooms. None of the hotels were closed.
5. I had gloves and hand sanitizer and used them at every SC.

Hope this helps.

Transfer complete. No issue except for once in R.I. (I think it was) where everything was closed up except for an auto glass replacement shop that let me use their restroom.

Anybody going into Florida from Georgia should know that there's a roadblock at the border. Not sure what they're doing but it was to bumper for miles and miles.

;)
lfkjrq21uxl21.jpg