Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadside assistance for Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of the high profile breakdown cover companies cover the person not the car (AA certainly does and I think RAC has an option too) for *any* vehicle they ae travelling in. So you may find that you either already have cover or its worth taking out cover for other vehicles that you travel in. My son even has his own AA card (family policy) so even though he is too young to drive a road car, the vehicle that he is travelling in is covered even if that vehicle is otherwise uncovered.

Tesla Roadside exclusions: accidents. If you’re in a prag and need a tow....Just saying.
I admit I am often mystified by what is covered by the myriad of insurance products in the market, but wouldn’t a tow in connection with an accident be covered under a general auto insurance policy? This thread has me reconsidering whether to take a roadside assistance policy on the Tesla!
Most if not all breakdown cover will not cover you in the event of an accident. Your insurance would normally cover you for this.

The pucks are not mandatory as long as when jacking the car you (i) are mindful of the proper jack points and (ii) use some protective material at that point (a block of wood could work for example). I opted to buy a set of the pucks because it is more foolproof and I wanted to be able to do my own winter/summer wheel swap at home.