Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadside tire repair review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There'll never be a shortage of brand new users posting dumb stuff. Towed to a SC for a flat? Have people always been so inept around vehicles? It's not like the tire was manufactured by Tesla and requires special "air" or a firmware update. o_O

I've had AAA plug a tire for me a couple times just because handling tires is immensely dirty work.
Does AAA carry plug kits? Or do they use one you carry?

There are more cars now that do not have spares onboard. I have two Hybrid hondas and they only provide the goo and air pump. Tesla is no different, at least they use normal tires and not run flats that cost even more like all the BMWs
Yup. I haven't had a spare tire in my car since 2012 since my last two cars (Mini Countryman & BMW X1) both lacked spares.
Also, do we need to carry a puck for AAA to safely jack a Tesla?

AAA has all of their own equipment (jack, pump, tire wrenches, ..etc..), including plugs, at least in NorCal. I have a plug kit.

I have a jack puck, but I have a feeling that they do too since there are Teslas everywhere here. I recall AAA used to have portable chargers, but they stopped that after a while. I don't think many Teslas run out of juice in NorCal unless they try.

Yup. I haven't had a spare tire in my car since 2012 since my last two cars (Mini Countryman & BMW X1) both lacked spares.

Also, do we need to carry a puck for AAA to safely jack a Tesla?

Reactions: mrwug
$130 + tax to repair now, new tire $450 + tax. Just called my insurance towed to a tire center $50 for a used tire as it was badly damaged to be patched.

better tire at Costco Michelle sport 4 $250 installed. Rip off dealer tactics lol

$130 + tax to repair now, new tire $450 + tax. Just called my insurance towed to a tire center $50 for a used tire as it was badly damaged to be patched.

better tire at Costco Michelle sport 4 $250 installed. Rip off dealer tactics lol
Tesla Service Centers are no different in this regard than any other dealer. It's ALWAYS going to be more expensive to buy a tire from them than an independent shop or website.

Tesla Service Centers are no different in this regard than any other dealer. It's ALWAYS going to be more expensive to buy a tire from them than an independent shop or website.
Well the poster above that price was amazing to be in the road with a loner tire while they patched yours for like $60.

So no idea why patching a tire became close to triple at $150 lol

Well the poster above that price was amazing to be in the road with a loner tire while they patched yours for like $60.

So no idea why patching a tire became close to triple at $150 lol
Paying for the convenience of having it done where you're at. I had 2 tires patched this earlier year, one 'on the road' where I was able to get to a shop before the tire went totally flat for about $35, and one in my driveway where I had planned to remove the tire myself and take it to a shop, only to find that my lug wrench was missing. That one was $120 from Roadside Assistance. These were both internal patches. I have a plug kit with me now.