Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 1.5 clicking noise from the front

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2008 Roadster 1.5 (VIN 304) and the last couple weeks it just started making a clicking noise coming from the front of the car while I'm driving. It sounds like its either deep in the dash or under the hood. The speed of the tapping increases as the speed of the car increases. I've checked around the tires, and the dual fans under the hood and don't see any obvious obstructions. It's a plastic on plastic sound. Any ideas? See YouTube link:

I have a 2008 Roadster 1.5 (VIN 304) and the last couple weeks it just started making a clicking noise coming from the front of the car while I'm driving. It sounds like its either deep in the dash or under the hood. The speed of the tapping increases as the speed of the car increases. I've checked around the tires, and the dual fans under the hood and don't see any obvious obstructions. It's a plastic on plastic sound. Any ideas? See YouTube link:
Did you check your wheel Bearings? It’s the only other moving part that is speed dependent. please keep us updated and if you find a ceramic bearing replacements.

Did you check your wheel Bearings? It’s the only other moving part that is speed dependent. please keep us updated and if you find a ceramic bearing replacements.
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't done that. The sound sounds like its coming from about the center of the dash, or under the hood, in the center. Therefore, wheel bearings doesn't seem likely, especially with only 14K miles on the car.

Reactions: eHorses