Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 1.5 Owners Wanting 3.0 Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that, as a practical matter, all 1.5 owners would sign a petition. In addition, most 2.0 and 2.5 owners would endorse such a petition. Let's start a formal list of:

1) 1.5 Roadster owners that would be willing to put down a deposit for an upgraded battery.
2) Any Roadster owner that endorses the upgrade.

From this thread alone, we have the following lists:

1.5 Owners who would put down a deposit on a battery upgrade
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. asgard
2. Slcasner
3. ecarfan
4. dhrivnak
5. Gary1M
6. samcarney
7. supersnoop
8. josh-io
9. Cottonwood
10. spiderguy

Other Roadster owners that support a 1.5 upgrade
--------------------------------------------------
1. shrink
2. sethr
3. gregd

1. asgard
2. Slcasner
3. ecarfan
4. dhrivnak
5. Gary1M
6. samcarney
7. supersnoop
8. josh-io
9. Cottonwood
10. spiderguy

1. shrink
2. sethr
3. gregd
4. bartj

1. asgard
2. Slcasner
3. ecarfan
4. dhrivnak
5. Gary1M
6. samcarney
7. supersnoop
8. josh-io
9. Cottonwood
10. spiderguy
11. BobinFla

1. shrink
2. sethr
3. gregd
4. bartj

1. asgard
2. Slcasner
3. ecarfan
4. dhrivnak
5. Gary1M
6. samcarney
7. supersnoop
8. josh-io
9. Cottonwood
10. spiderguy
11. BobinFla

1. shrink
2. sethr
3. gregd
4. bartj
5. stevejust

Latest changelog: Added Sparrow to 1st section; Added bpangburn, tvuolo, augkuo & moved supersnoop to 2nd section.

1. asgard
2. Slcasner
3. ecarfan
4. dhrivnak
5. Gary1M
6. samcarney
7. josh-io
8. Cottonwood
9. spiderguy
10. BobinFla
11. Curt
12. frequencydip
13. Sparrow

1. shrink
2. sethr
3. gregd
4. bartj
5. stevejust
6. wiztecy
7. AEdennis
8. supersnoop
9. bpangburn
10. tvuolo
11. augkuo

Last edited:
@wiztecy you can list us for the 2nd option... Range charge on my wife's car is up to 235 at its annual service (up from 224 last year). Don't need it now but would be willing to spend money if it was a choice. (When it makes sense to do so)

I would certainly put down a deposit for a new pack especially since I already did that with Tesla before we found out that 1.5s were not included. I need a replacement pack ASAP, due to the sensor problem in my current pack, so at some point I might be forced to go with a refurbished pack if I experience a total failure in my current pack. If I got a refurbished pack I would no longer be interested in a new pack and would then need to be put in the second category. Hope that makes sense. So for now put me down for group 1.

Window closed for modifications of post #27, reposting to edit.
Latest changelog: + ggr, smorgasbord, pharma5, Habious, & m0rph to group 2.

1. asgard
2. Slcasner
3. ecarfan
4. dhrivnak
5. Gary1M
6. samcarney
7. josh-io
8. Cottonwood
9. spiderguy
10. BobinFla
11. Curt
12. frequencydip
13. Sparrow

1. shrink
2. sethr
3. gregd
4. bartj
5. stevejust
6. wiztecy
7. AEdennis
8. supersnoop
9. bpangburn
10. tvuolo
11. augkuo
12. pharma5
13. m0rph
14. Habious
15. smorgasbord
16. ggr

Last edited:
You can list me as a member of group 2 but, I'm not really following how this second group helps the cause. From what I understand, it's a list of people who will not, under any circumstances, give Tesla any money if they decide to build a 3.0 (1.5) battery...but really think they should anyway.

I 100% agree with group 1, though. "Here's a list of 25 people, checks-in-hand, if you build it". That will get their attention.

You can list me as a member of group 2 but, I'm not really following how this second group helps the cause. From what I understand, it's a list of people who will not, under any circumstances, give Tesla any money if they decide to build a 3.0 (1.5) battery...but really think they should anyway.

I 100% agree with group 1, though. "Here's a list of 25 people, checks-in-hand, if you build it". That will get their attention.

Group 2 is important for at least a couple of reasons. First of all, it contains many 1.5 owners who are interested in a 3.0 battery, but don't need it in the immediate future. This is surely the case for some 1.5 owners that still have high CAC numbers and significant range remaining in their cars. Secondly, a long list of supporters would show Tesla that the Roadster owners stand together in solidarity. A petition with a couple of hundred names on it would surely be more impressive than a list of 25.

Going forward, we should probably convert the screen names to real names, along with their Roadster #, to demonstrate that there is definitive, tangible and immediate demand for the upgrade. I suppose it could work if everyone sent their information to one person to put in a spreadsheet. I'm just thinking that there must be an easier method, such as an app for a petition. Please chime in if you know of a better method.

You can list me as a member of group 2 but, I'm not really following how this second group helps the cause.

I'm with Habious here. Count me in in #2, but I don't think that'll matter to Tesla. It's easy to add your name to list that says you want Tesla to do something for someone else that doesn't impact you and doesn't cost you anything.

We'd have to do something crazy and impossible like convince every V2.X owner to NOT get the upgrade until Tesla promises to make it available to V1.X owners. But even there, Tesla might just say: "OK, no upgrades for anyone? That saves us a bunch of time and money." Remember, Tesla takes in more money in Model S sales in one day than it would if every v1.X owner decided to upgrade their battery.