TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Roadster 1.5 Owners Wanting 3.0 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by asgard, Sep 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Exellent!
    For those who have placed an order for the 3.0 battery, please add your information to the table in the Wiki post near the top of this thread (link below) so we can track battery orders placed and installations. Thanks.
    For those who have placed an order for a new 3.0 battery

2. rsquared99

rsquared99 Member

I haven't seen it posted in this forum yet, but an article in the NASDAQ news site saying that Tesla is in negotition with LG Chem for the 400 mile replacement Roadster battery. Sorry I didn't get the link.

3. Curt

Curt Roadster Signature #55

I'm just waiting for word on how my Battery Replacement Agreement (which hits the 7-year mark next month) will affect my price.

4. asgard

asgard Member

For the upgrade posted on the tesla website, I've heard 74KWh. It should be possible to calculate the weight pretty accurately, knowing the weight of the HG2 cells :)

5. bonnie

bonnie I play a nice person on twitter.

Curt, my understanding is that you can use your Battery Replacement option, along with an additional $6k, and get the upgraded version.

6. Curt

Curt Roadster Signature #55

Bonnie - I had sen that somewhere, but want my Service Center to confirm before I place my order. I'll post what I find.

7. asgard

asgard Member

Did any of you get any email after placing the order for the upgrade?
    I received an automated "thank you for your order..." but nothing more.

8. bonnie

bonnie I play a nice person on twitter.

Right. It's been posted on the forum. I was also told that directly by Tesla.

9. slcasner

slcasner Active Member

Nothing more yet for me.

10. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator