TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster #1077 has left the building!

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by cinergi, Oct 3, 2012.

1. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

TeslaRoadster1077ByeBye.JPG

Surreal. It's gone. 2 years. :scared:

I'll have to update my blog with how it's been the past 2 years. The blog's a little out of date :smile:

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

So sad! You have a new Tesla at home though so enjoy.

3. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Not yet :cursing:
    Probably won't have it until the Friday after this. I currently have no car. Good times.

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Oh. Tesla Withdrawal Syndrome (TWS) is not good. Visit the nearest Tesla store as soon as possible.

5. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

EXCELLENT idea. I already hung out with them most of last weekend. I may be addicted.

6. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I don't know how you stood it. Will they let you visit your car? Or is it a clean break?

7. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

If I go to New York, I could probably go see it :smile:
    I feel ... empty right now. I sold my Subaru and gave back the Roadster today.
    I'm telling myself I just need to get through the next 10 days and then I'll be fine. At least it's the perfect time of year to do this (around here) -- when it's too cold to drive with the top off.

8. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

Go rent an exotic super car for the week. Then you'll have some fun and have something to compare against the Model S when it shows up.

9. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Interesting idea... though I'm struggling with the $400 it'll cost me just for the cheapest car WITH my corporate discount at Hertz. (the costs of the Model S and the condo coming together all at the same time are ... rough)
    You know anything about renting a super car? I've never looked at doing that. (I'm sure I can research it easily online)

10. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

No. The most exotic thing I ever rented was a Prius. :rolleyes:

11. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Just think about your Roadster going to a new home. Your ride will bring the joy of a Tesla grin to another owner all over again.

And who knows, Tesla might pick from the return batch for an all new Superjoost conversion, new CF bits a 2.6 0-60 motor, Model S battery swap, suspension upgrade and new brakes. Joy, squared.

The next owner after that gets carbon fiber wheels, Transparent aluminum windshield and of course a Mr Fusion.

12. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

stock-photo-5789106-spill-the-beans.jpg

13. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Good point :smile: and maybe the new owner will post here. That would be interesting to say the least!

14. Botbldr45

Botbldr45 Member

Oh My God.... the thought of not going downstairs and opening the garage door just to look at #992 scares me big time........ Just breath deeply, have a few 10% IPA's and chill. I drove an "S" in DC last wknd........ your pain will dissolve with delivery of your "S". Stay frosty Cinergi, your sacrifice WILL be rewarded!!

.....................although chicks DO like a roadster....................:rolleyes:

15. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

LOL
    Yeah I hung out at the Natick store for a few hours to get my Tesla fix :smile: