Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster #1232 - First 3.0 for sale...ever?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy that this 3.0 ESS was installed last November 13th of 2015, and this is the first we've seen or had any visual confirmation it existed. Curious why the original ESS was replaced with a 3.0 and not a std. pack under goodwill. With 4,600 miles the battery either went to zero or had a catastrophic fault. Not complaining they upgraded the customer to the 3.0, but curious what the circumstances were or if indeed they're really running that low on orignal ESS's.

Update:
Ahhh, I think I found part of my answer in the 3.0 thread...

If I recall correctly, when my Roadster had its annual service done last September, the invoice said something similar under the area for the specific tasks completed. It didn't appear to itemize the individual tasks with their respective costs. Instead, at the end, it just listed the $600.00 that I was charged for the annual maintenance itself. My guess is that it's possible the final cost isn't included in the photo. If I were in Dallas, I'd check my physical invoice to be sure, but I'm currently in Los Angeles.

If I recall correctly, when my Roadster had its annual service done last September, the invoice said something similar under the area for the specific tasks completed. It didn't appear to itemize the individual tasks with their respective costs. Instead, at the end, it just listed the $600.00 that I was charged for the annual maintenance itself. My guess is that it's possible the final cost isn't included in the photo. If I were in Dallas, I'd check my physical invoice to be sure, but I'm currently in Los Angeles.

I've seen similar...

Reactions: DeedWest
Why the new tire type has not been announced is puzzling: if the tires exist just tell us.

My guess is that the tires might be a different size and therefore require a firmware change in the 1.5 since we don't have the tire learning capability. But the 2.x do have tire learning, and they did announce the battery for 2.x and not 1.5 in the first phase until many of us complained.

20170205_152801.jpg

Here's what 1232 looks like now. I still have the hard top but it spends its time in my garage.
IMG_20161222_092204_309.jpg

Reactions: RobsJester and JRP3