Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster #1276 coming back to life after battery bricking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wish for the Roadster's "something nice next year" would be for Tesla to offer a PEM upgrade. It would be fluid cooled and allow SuperCharge and include the Model S style charge connector of course, with a slight bump in available power to the motor. Ideally it would be a capable and key component for the extreme performance Roadster Sport upgrade to be offered at a later date. We will eventually need all this to hold us over, until the next-gen Roadster comes along! :)

• Love
Reactions: ra88it
As of mid 2013, the price for refurbishing the cells was around USD 35K, provided the rest of your pack electronics and the pack frame itself are intact and functional.

For this case, "refurbishing the cells" = replacing all 11 sheets?

(I believe it's been said that individual cells cannot be swapped... I think the smallest subunit in a partial pack refurb is a single sheet, and not a cell or brick).

For this case, "refurbishing the cells" = replacing all 11 sheets?

(I believe it's been said that individual cells cannot be swapped... I think the smallest subunit in a partial pack refurb is a single sheet, and not a cell or brick).

It was 35K for refurb of the entire pack, though I'm not clear what the exact specs are, whether they swap out all sheets, or some.
The service manager I talked to said the refurbished pack is expected to give a range mode charge of 220 miles or more.

Last edited: