TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster 2.5 Seats - Lumbar Support

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by kgb, Nov 15, 2010.

1. kgb

kgb Member

I see in the owner's manual, that the lumbar support can be adjusted by lifting up the seat cushion by its velcro and placing or moving a lumbar pad.

I lifted up my seat cushion, and I see a wire under there. (I assume that is for the seat heater.) I can't find any lumbar support pad. I checked under the passenger seat and there was none there either. I'll admit I didn't spend hours looking for it, but I thought I'd see it right away when I looked.

Has anyone with a 2.5 seen or adjusted their lumbar support? Am I supposed to roll up a towel and stick it behind my seat cushion? Should I be looking in a secret cushion hiding place somewhere in the car?

2. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

These were removed in the newer revision (not sure if that was 2.0 or 2.5). The manual references things that aren't correct for 2.5.

3. zack

zack Member

I looked behind mine and I see a soft removable pad behind the lumbar area. #1204.

4. kgb

kgb Member

UPDATE:
    I forgot about this thread, until zack commented.

TM took care of everything. I let them know that I didn't have lumbar supports with my seats, they actually mailed me 4 pads (no charge). I guess one is a spare set, but I decided to double up behind my (driver) seat. Much better now.

So, if you feel like you don't have lumbar support on your 2.5, peel back the car seat cover (held by velcro, but be careful about the seat heater wires). If you see nothing there, let TM know, they'll fix it.