Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

roadster 2010 rear view camera installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I am the owner of the silly black spider themed Roadster 2010 in the Cayman Islands of all places and would love some advice from the community as to the installation of a rear view camera to be tied to an aftermarket fold up full touch screen 1 DIN radio replacement AND a full replacement of the rear view mirror with a camera system as well to counteract as much as possible the existing dead angles of the 2010 roadster.

Keep in mind that Grand Cayman is the world’s record holder of car accidents per capita (non lethal) To make a long story short take 193 nationalities mix them in a tropical environment add Rhum , Jäegermeister and a “I need a new liver transplant” party culture, shake and stir trhow roads from the early 2000s and a police force that is stuck in the early 60’s as to when it comes to enforcement of what is on the books into the mix and you have a somewhat rosey tinted spectacled view of the situation from Friday 8PM to Sunday 8PM.

• Funny
Reactions: Rotarypower
I am in the process of doing the same.
I installed a Joyingauto Headunit which is awesome.
You probably need to remove the entire dash area - potentially twice, since you may need to figure out wiring, then buy the relevant ISO part, then install the new headunit.
At that point it is easy to install the wiring upfront for the camera.

For the rearview camera I have not run the wire but heard the following:
Run it in the driver side "door sill/well" - you will need to puncture through some foam inside that part (meant to keep rodents out).
If you look from the back, you can see where it goes.

I have not gotten further than this, so I defer to others to give more/better advice how the installation in the back works.
I heard it is a bit difficult to feed the wire above the license plate, due to foam in that area.