Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here plan on DD their Roadster? With the low maintenance costs, I would think it would make a good DD? My goal is to get my money's worht and put 100k+ miles on it..... 😁

100%

I'll have a Roadster and my wife will have a Cybertruck. I'll drive the Roadster every day for nearly every need. I'll also get a second set of wheels with snow tires to handle Winter weather.

If anyone doubts me here's my previous carbon ceramic rotor car. I put 50k miles on it in 2 years commuting in and out of NYC. :)

LEED5380-Edit.jpg

100%

I'll have a Roadster and my wife will have a Cybertruck. I'll drive the Roadster every day for nearly every need. I'll also get a second set of wheels with snow tires to handle Winter weather.

If anyone doubts me here's my previous carbon ceramic rotor car. I put 50k miles on it in 2 years commuting in and out of NYC. :)

View attachment 685037

I don't doubt you one bit, and I would be right there with you! So is black going to be your color for the Roadster? :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I don't doubt you one bit, and I would be right there with you! So is black going to be your color for the Roadster? :)
Honestly I'm not sure. I think there will be a variety of different colors. I'm not sure if I want to go with what I see to be the most beautiful [red] or something more like battleship grey that looks pretty cool on hyperexotics. I don't think I'll go black this time around as it's just such a pain to keep looking good especially as a DD in the Winter. Also whatever I get I'm planning on designing and applying a custom artistic wrap to it much like the BMW art cars.

• Love
The key technological pieces are there now (motors, batteries, etc.) that they want. The concept has been evolving since 2017. The Plaid powertrain is proof this this car is now really close.

Also, I would think Tesla is super motivated to get this car out with the Rimac Nevera coming into production. Some how I have a feeling that Tesla wants to be top dog here. ;)

• Love
I rewatched it. He didn’t say that.

Not exactly, but he did say "we are making it now."

“We started Tesla with a sports car, the Tesla Roadster. That baby got us going. The foundation of the whole company was the Tesla Roadster. People asked us for a long time, when are you going to make a new roadster? We are making it now.”

Obviously, "now" meant there is now an official plan to make a new roadster.

Not exactly, but he did say "we are making it now."

“We started Tesla with a sports car, the Tesla Roadster. That baby got us going. The foundation of the whole company was the Tesla Roadster. People asked us for a long time, when are you going to make a new roadster? We are making it now.”

Obviously, "now" meant there is now an official plan to make a new roadster.

In that context "making it" is synonymous with developing it. Which, as they had a driving car on the stage, was obviously true.

All I’m going to say is that I’m tired of waiting. I got an allocation for a Porsche Turbo S so I’ll probably take delivery later this year and it should hold me afloat until 2023/2024 lol
Agreed. Though, I might wait it out with a plaid model S... But, if it is really coming in 6 months, then buying the plaid will be silly.

All I’m going to say is that I’m tired of waiting. I got an allocation for a Porsche Turbo S so I’ll probably take delivery later this year and it should hold me afloat until 2023/2024 lol
Good choice for a car to hold over in. In Europe the roadster is earliest 2023…… we always have to wait at least 6month more than you guys….. :-(
The Porsche TTS is making that wait fun though. :)

• Love